Sonic Electronix

sorry mate i dont know what clamp means :s i googled clamping it measures how much rms ur amp pushes well does it matter if the amp is cea 2006 ??

That's why I said you can't measure with a DMM first, it's not all that accurate, second it doesn't detect distortion, or clipping. CEA compliant basicly means it pushes what it says it does.. at the volts it was tested at.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

You're right and wrong. Of course gains can be set with a DMM, but you will never be able to see clipping that way. The truest way is with a scope of some kind.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

put them in a 4th order or horn, problem solved.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

And how do you know when you're distorting? It's a simple fundamental property you're overlooking. Just because you don't hear it, does not mean you're not. Clipping at 38hz is not the same as clipping at a higher frequency. So like I said, you can set your gains, but you will not detect clipping with that method. Which is the whole point in setting gains correctly.

put them in a 4th order or horn, problem solved.

This...is exactly what I would expect you to say, lol.

Archived