Second Skin Audio

Hows This Look

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so plans have changed and he's sticking with the equipment he has right now, just going with a different box. We'll be building in two weeks and all kinds of ideas have whizzed through my brain. The one design that is sticking is pictured below. The curves go through the opening of the tunnel. Opening would actually probably be wider. Would i be better of to have the sub over the port?

donnie2-1.jpg

donnie3-1.jpg

donnie1-2.jpg

ok, so anyone have any input on calculating the tuning of the flare port, do you count the flare or just everything from behind it for tuning?

i believe u count the flare and all cuz it's still part of the port, just like u count aero ports, plz somebody correct me if i'm wrong for i am still learnin alot

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

this is how i would measure it...with the dotted line being the end correction...

opentopsmall2.jpg

i doubt that the flare will make TOO much of a difference to the ear...if anything it might lower your tuning by a couple of hz at the most i would think...

i likes me some audio stuff...

No theres a formula to account for flared end correction....It's escaping me right now tho. Tool around the net and you'll find it im sure.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall