Sundown Audio

How to calculate amplifier amperage draw?

its all a compromise. make sure you ahve a voltage gauge up front thats wired right before your amps.

its a safe bet that your amps will be 70-75% efficient at 1 ohm full bore.. so with 4 amps your looking at 1500 amps draw.

2 300 amp alts bring you down to 900 amps draw.. which you'll need at least 7-8 group 31 batts

you should have at least 2 + and 2- 1/0 runs per alt if your running 300a units.

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

You think only 1500amps? I say 2000amps..I had the ddm4s very similiar to aq3500 and the pulled close to 1000 amps

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Profundus the results are actual clamped results Ray posted. It is what is is. It was clamped for the pair therefore if you were to double the number of amps it would result in 2000 amps of draw. But as you know it's all a balancing act depending upon install electrical base and box rise. Knowing Ray it was probably clipped a little definitely not a full clip.

Edited by Soapbox

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

Thanks soapbox.. and yea I clamped 12k out of 2 m4s..with a slight clip.. so they were underated..ami had similiar results from the aqs..

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

As much as you may want to go big or go home, you're better off building something and then adding to it, in my opinion. Then again, I don't know what kind of experience you have with your previous installs.

2006 Ford Escape
Head Unit: Kenwood KDC 352
Subs: (3) 15" DC XL 15s with PSI recones, 1.4 ohm coils
Sub amp: DD Audio M4 (Black Version)
Door Speakers: (2) Crossfire 10s, (2) Hertz Coax.
Mid/highs amp: Rockford Fosgate P500-4

Electrical:
XS D3400 under the hood
(3) XS XP3000s in the back
2 runs of KnuKonceptz OFC 0 Gauge ran to the back (1 pos, 1 neg)
Excessive Amperage 300 amp alt (FINALLY!)

As much as you may want to go big or go home, you're better off building something and then adding to it, in my opinion. Then again, I don't know what kind of experience you have with your previous installs.

Not much other than little 2kw installs TBH. Done lots of research but i understand that research and doing are 2 different things. And yeah, i am going to build a wall with 1 aq3500 then start adding to it slowly. Sorry for the confusion, didnt mean to say "Im gonna buy 4 amps all at one time and install them", just meant when its all said and done, i want to have 4. But since i have decided to wall the stang, it will only have 3 3500's, not 4. So Realistically powering 3 wouldnt be too hard. Lets hope Dom can pull out some awesome alternator bracket making skills here. Wont be easy making a dual alternator bracket let alone the 3-4 alternator bracket i truly want.

Overpower subs and power all the time?.... bro id stick with 1 or maybe 2 amps...no way are you ready for 4. I have 3 alts 6 batterys and 10 runs of 0g and its not enough at idle to support 15k..2 alts and 20 batterys mite get you minimum voltage drop..but I doubt you have funds or space for that...I have over 5k in my electrical

^^^^^^ THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Electrical shit is expensive

8 SSA EVIL 15's

4 CRESCENDO 5500'S

2 SINGER HAIRPIN'S

21 XS POWER D1600'S

ALL MCLAREN AUDIO MID'S AND TWEETERS

1 TARAMPS HD4000, 1 TARAMPS HD800

SEX!

kWgmAp6.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg