Sonic Electronix

Alright so i have a Explorer, it has a back hatch with a seperate pane of glass that open and latches in the bottom middle of the pane. Im looking to seal this shut permanetly, but i also want to get my windows tinted and am worried that after i get them tinted and then seal the back window the tint will come off because of the sealant and the flexing from my system( right now that pane of glass flexs a good 2 inchs at the bottom and about 1 inch at the top where the hinges are) So basically i want to know what type of sealant to use and if my tint will come off.

pics

and....the tint wont come off

Edited by gally

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

weld it..if there 2 bits steel near touch, just get out the old mig welder..may have repaint tho lol

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

weld it..if there 2 bits steel near touch, just get out the old mig welder..may have repaint tho lol

Not sure if there's a difference from generations, but the only metal contact is the handle of the window.

Yea not enough metal to weld. My original thoughts where a type of silicone, or like you said a packing or weather stripping, but the weather stripping would have to be very thick and dense to hold up and make a seal. I just have no idea what would be best to use.....