How To: ELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/Fit

1164 is an air/fuel metering code. 1259 is a vtec malfunction code.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Old topic but since I have a fit, what if anything would simply disconnecting the ELD have on the vehicle?

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

It would throw a CEL or the battery light would come on. I've read about people just cutting the wires and dealing with the CEL, with no ill affects. But you can simply unplug it and see what happens. I did the bypass instead of cutting or unplugging it just because I like to keep as many warning lights off as possible lol

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

It would throw a CEL or the battery light would come on. I've read about people just cutting the wires and dealing with the CEL, with no ill affects. But you can simply unplug it and see what happens. I did the bypass instead of cutting or unplugging it just because I like to keep as many warning lights off as possible lol

Same here, just got the CEL off on my car. My airbag light likes flashing every once and a while though

Yeah I figured prolly a CEL, now I just have to FIND the damn thing under the hood. I am confident I can handle doing the bypass just wondered if disconnecting it would be alright. Just adds more to the coming changes I have planned for the next month.

Edit - when I do find it and do the bypass I will be documenting it for anyone with a 2nd gen Fit.

Same here, just got the CEL off on my car. My airbag light likes flashing every once and a while though

What year is yours? Mine had the same problem, turned out to be a seatbelt recoil sensor.

When my computer stops acting up, which should be shortly, I'll dig through and find the location for the Fit. I think I have the diagrams on a flash drive somewhere, just gotta find it lol.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

From what I've been reading, it's located under or attached to the fuse box in the engine bay on the Fit. Loosen all bolts that fasten down the fuse box, then flip it over and look. Should be 3 wires that go into a connector, which goes straight into the ELD itself.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

From what I've been reading, it's located under or attached to the fuse box in the engine bay on the Fit. Loosen all bolts that fasten down the fuse box, then flip it over and look. Should be 3 wires that go into a connector, which goes straight into the ELD itself.

Well I have time so I am looking for it now, the problem with your info on the fit is the 2nd generation (2009-2012) does not have a large fuse panel under the hood, there is only a small section on top of the battery and nothing else. However I have my dash underside panels off and I am searching for it now.

Edit - I think it is behind the main fuse box under the dash unfortunately I am not in the mood to pull all that down atm.

Archived