Sundown Audio

Advice On A Good Amp

REVOK1NER

I am running two Soundstream T5-15s, They are Dual 2-Ohm subs, They are each 1000 RMS each so I need an amp that pushes out atleast 2000 RMS

Any suggestions are welcome or if you have one you would like to sell let me know, thank you.

Edited by REVOK1NER

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

If they are dual 2ohm I would run a pair of amps at 1ohm each. Or a pair of amps strapped at 2ohm. Like say a pair of Orion HCCA-2400D's. They do 1200RMS @ 1ohm and you could get a pair strap them and wire your subs at 2ohm's and see 2400 @ 2ohm. Just a little over your RMS so you can be easy with your gains and have a nice sounding setup.

HU: JVC KD-AVX1Speakers: Stock BlazerSub: 2 Mass Destruction Car Audio Sidewinder 12"Amp: Orion HCCA-D1200 @ 1ohm (600 RMS)Box: 3.0 cubes tuned to 35

I am running two Soundstream T5-15s, They are Dual 2-Ohm subs, They are each 1000 RMS each so I need an amp that pushes out atleast 2000 RMS

Any suggestions are welcome or if you have one you would like to sell let me know, thank you.

I ran a amp to each sub on my setup, I had two Directed D2400, 1200RMS @1OHM. But if I am going to run one amp, I would go with the Memphis MCD2500

I ran a amp to each sub on my setup, I had two Directed D2400, 1200RMS @1OHM. But if I am going to run one amp, I would go with the Memphis MCD2500

And if your looking to go high end, then here is a link to some great European shit.

http://www.dragsteraudioart.com.au/catalog...talog.htm#cs1ch

2 of them is alot of amp for some cheap subs, why not just 1, or the MD3

i have no clue where you shop... just soundstream subs up here at this soundstream dealer their shit is NOT CHEAP.. their soundstream subs are in the 300 range..

fuck FI is cheaper than soundstream.. :)

IM A LOW LIFE SCAMMER SO I WAS BANT....TEH HAMMA is NOT my friend

i have no clue where you shop... just soundstream subs up here at this soundstream dealer their shit is NOT CHEAP.. their soundstream subs are in the 300 range..

fuck FI is cheaper than soundstream.. :)

i can get t5s all day under 200 each thats what i mean by cheap

Alright thank everyone for the advice, yah for both of my T5s shipped I paid $450 and for everything(amp, wiring, subs, batcap) around $800 and I am hitting Around 144 on TL in a pre-fab box so I am quite happy at the moment. I'd just like to actually push the recommended RMS to them! I still have a lot of options so any more ideas would be great. Thanks again!

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg