Second Skin Audio

Need Different Box Designs for a 15" Please

I've posted a few things on here before and people have helped me out. Right now i have 1 Skar Audio VVX 15 D4. I have it in a sketchy custom box at 3 cubes and 35ish Hz. It was my first box with sucky tools so its ok. I need a new box for my somewhat longer lasting set up. I have three different plans that im not sure of.

Plan 1 SPL 60% sure this is the way im going

Ported box for 1 Skar VVX 15 D4

SPL Box Design, to get absolute pounding SPL

Sub RMS is 600, and i will be over driving it to 900rms, keep in mind these are low end monsters.

I can do aeroports as well as regular ports

Plan 2 SPL & SQ 30% may do this

Ported box for 1 Skar VVX 15 D4

All around box design. I listen to everything from rap to metal and while hitting some SPL i wand a good 50/50 between spl and sound quality

Sub RMS at 600, amp is 900, may over drive sub 100rms or so, no all the way to 900.

Plan 3 10% may happen, so basically probably not

Ported Box (or sealed i guess) for 1 Sar VVX 15 D4

100 sound quality box. For all types of music, but mainly metal. metal metal metal. spl does not matter at all, but SQ all the way!

Sub rms at 600, amp is 900. not going to over drive sub at all. 600 is what ill be giving the sub..

These are the three plans. if you have any ideas let me know. Sub and Amp specs ill link.

Max dimensions are 40" (L) 30"(W) 16"(H) and box is in a 1999 jeep grand cherokee, SUV obviously.

http://www.skaraudio.com/index.php/products/vvx-15.html Sub Specs HERE

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Amplifiers/Hifonics-BRZ1200.1D-1200-Watt-RMS-Mono-ClassD-Car-Amplifier--4-Gauge-Amp-Kit/BRZ1200.1D---WK41.aspx Amp Specs HERE

Thanks guys

what exactly do u mean by SPL? do u plan to meter it/compete with this system... or do u just want it to be as loud as you can run it, because there is a difference?

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

for spl you dont build around the sub...you build around the vehicle...never mind i seen the vehicle..but for spl you need to work on finding your resonent and work from there with testing, port placement, sub placement etc.

Edited by pa-pa-platypus

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

ya i feel ya there man...honestly from the sounds of it youre more interesting ground pounding/ playing music and sounding good...spl doesnt equal loud it = you can put up a good number on the TL..which takes alot of testing, time, and usually a few different boxes...making a musical boxes can usually be done in one shot if you take your time

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

3cu @ 35 sounds fine... How many sq. Inches of port did you run.. I'd run about 42 sq inches or so.. around there should have been fine.. just make sure your box is all nice and sealed up and you don't have any leaks maybe add if a tiny bit of bracing if you wanted .. it should have been fine...

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Man people throw SQ around too loosely...

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.