Second Skin Audio

Need Different Box Designs for a 15" Please

Running at 2 ohms should be fine also.. you coulda gpt a d2 sub and.woulda been ok .. but yea I'm sure your box can't be that bad just take your time and it should be plenty loud..

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Ok so... Ima take the time and edgimicate you a tiny bit.

Basically you need to make a choice..

As someone else above me said.. building an SPL setup is entirely different than building a daily setup and as far as SPL building goes you build around the car..

You will need a lot of time and access to a term lab... alot more time than a few hours if a judge at a show were nice enuff to give you that time..

I dont think you understand what building an SPL build means.. in most cases the box ONLY plays certain freq. and sounds like TRASH on anything else. But it is meant to be loudest at that set freq.. its very complicated and many peoples methods or tricks are straight up secret.. but thats not to say it isnt fun or you couldnt get into something like that in fact look up fecoupe2001 iirc he has an spl thread of things he tested in order to gain spl.. it will give you a good idea of where to start and what to expect in terms of time and effort.

Now there is nothing wrong with building a regular aka daily box, and making mods or changes in order to try and improve your score.. but thats very different than going straight up term lab numbers only..

What you should do is build yourself a nice tidy clean box and make sure you use silicone to seal the creases etc.. and just run that for awhile.. while your learning.

You need to become familiar with the terms and lingo and many concepts regarding car audio before you even think about the words SPL or SQ in terms of how your going to build.

Id be glad to help with some concepts and Im sure other people (being this is a forum) would too, but before you start asking questions about SPL do a little reading and research and then come back with questions. Honestly people will be more willing to help you once you put some time into learning..

So like I said either way learn first, and remember always have fun.. if its not fun anymore than whats the point, but you have to make a choice do you just wanna hook it up and have bass.. then you dont need to know much. If you wanna get into the numbers game etc etc.. you got some reading to do and this forum is easily one of the best places to learn.

Look up fecoupe's thread.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

im interested in this because i too want to get a skar vvx-15 and build a box for what i think mikey is looking for maybe not. but what im looking for is a daily groundpounder that if i were to get it tested i would put up some good numbers. but i assume that one would need more than 1 15 to put up good numbers and have a ground pounder...??. but i like what you said p4 killer because i want to learn and one day be in comps but i still have a long way to go. I am on this forum almost daily trying to learn new things and do resaerch which you guys help me out a lot with so thanks. (sorry for stealing the thread kind of lol)

you could try a 6th order

rear 3cuft net @26hz (1x6"x33"long)

front 5cuft net @57hz (2x6"x3"long)

edit

16high x 29wide x 40deep

or

16x30x40 with bracing

you may want to run some tests on it, as some of my cals may be out

Edited by john253a