Second Skin Audio

anyone give some pointers on a box for 4 10s?

hi all. well people in this forum convinced me to try and build a new ported box the right way instead of messing with more 12s. so i decided to try a little box designing with torres's calculator. im aiming for a 4 cube box tuned to 35hz on a square/rectangle port with the subs up and port back. im just a little confused by the stuff in the calculator is all. like when the calc tells me theres port bends, and i input a lenght of 20 to get it to 35 hz, will the port be straight back and the lenght the cal gives me or will it be 20in? and i didnt know what to put in for woofer displacement or bracing displacement, for bracing i would use 4 1/2 dowel rods. if anyone has any sugestions as to differnt port or box dimensions so i could get the box right this time, throw them out there. im more than open to suggestions. thanks all!21c8aa8.png

Edited by Dman1320

i'd put a little bit more port. raise that 12sqin to around 14 or so.

baffle thickness, put it at .75.

bending a 6x8" port is going to be way more trouble than it should be. i would just do a slot port, which in YOUR case, is going to have the port be 1.5" less than either the width or the height of the box (whichever side you want the long end of the port to be against, 22.5" for a vertical and 28.5" for a horizontal)

# of common port walls will have to be 3 also. because a slot port touches 3 sides of the box. makes sense? if you hit F1 while in the calc, im pretty sure the calc has pictures that shows the difference between 0, 1, 2, and 3 # of common port walls.

edit: dont use the desired net volume though, in my opinion. just play with the box dimensions and port dimensions til you get what you want.

Edited by Kranny