So I have an 2003 ford focus se.

Now that black plastic piece with the ford logo in the middle and then the trunk lid brake light rattle. Is there a way to fix them from rattling with out using the foam stuff everyone keeps talking about? I was thinking on taking the brake light out and filling it in or findng a trunk lid that does now have that. Any suggestions on what I could do? Oh and the black emblem has blown off a few times now same thing with the focus emblem. The focus emblem is coming off here soon.trunk.jpg

Edited by basshead8569

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

I used actual foam. Like seat foam.

Cut me some squares and super 77'd it to the plastic.

Pushes on the light enough to where it won't move.

I drive a different vehicle, but still an option.

Have had it on there for a few months now with no rattles from the tail light.

Now the trunk lid..... FUCK EM'

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

I put a new latch on for the trunk and the lid stop rattling. But now the other parts on the lid rattle. I will have to try that. I just dont want to use that spray on foam just incase I leave the brake light in and I have to change bulbs. I think I have some new foam left for when I helped a friend make custom seats. Could put it between the trunk lid supports and the back of the light/emblem. Should be able to squeeze it in there.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

for the light, silicone would be my choice. that or some closed cell foam. either way, take the light out and put the product between the light and the metal it mounts to.

for the other piece, panel bond. its made to bond metal to plastic with the strength of a weld.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I forgot about that bond stuff. Had a customer talking about it the other day too. Have to find somewhere that sells it now. Debating on that light. Think for the time being, I will use that silicone. Thanks for the info. Still after I do this I will get some seat foam that I have from a custom seat a friend did and put that on after the silicon dries.