Second Skin Audio

will this fit? bandpass box in a nissan altima trunk...

hello everyone!

Ive got 2600$ to spend on audio equipment in a friends 2005 Nissan altima 3.5 SE sedan. it needs to be a well rounded system. with balanced mids, highs, and bass. Basically, im planning to run a crunch gp3000 for bass, and i need to know what i can fit in the trunk. I want do a bandpass box because my buddy doesnt want to have to have the back seats down as he often has more than 2 people riding around with him. and he wants to do 15s or an 18. So, i wanted to cut out the back of the rear center seat behind the armrest. and build a 4th order bandpass box with the port right through what will be a ski pass so that all the sound goes right into the cabin. now for some dimensions- the port opening will be 8 inches wide and 12 inches tall if i want to leave the flip down armrest on. if need be, i can get rid of it and have up to 17 inches tall if i need more port area. Now, i can build the box in the trunk if need be, but only if it means i can get 2 15s in a bandpass. in order to make a simple, removable box, my max dimensions are 34 wide by 28 deep by 18 tall. and that would put the box about 10 inches away from the ski pass, so the port would be internal and external. Is that enough space for a single 15 or 18 that would be happy with the crunch gp3000? i can get more exact measurements of the rest of the trunk if i need more airspace and decide i want to build the box in the trunk. ( but building it in the trunk would obviously give me lots more airspace. )

ok, now that im done rambling on and on,

any thoughts and constructive critizm is greatly appreciated.

I am looking foward to starting to buy equipment and getting this build rolling!

Thanks, Brandon.

well, i want to do bandpass as its the most efficient way to get all the bass into the car. esp since the back seats wont be flipped down. the 2600 will include a h.o. singer alt, a double din pioneer touchscreen, 2 sets of speakers, 4 channel amp, wiring, extra batteries, box materials that include plexiglass, so there wasnt too much room for overhead. what amp would you recommend? and if i did 2 15s, im looking at 400-500$ in just subs.

Get some subs that work with little airspace.

i've done a 4th order design for a pair of sa 15's in a trunk before, but he had a bit more height to work with. i think he was 4" shorter on depth though.

bigsix.png

used four 6" ports in this one which was about 14-15 sq inches per cube. almost a perfect 1:2 ratio.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

2 x15 in 4order at 1:2

Will be around 12-18cuft net depending on subs

That's 16-24cuft gross

You really think you have that much space

I don't thing so

And then to suggest an 18

Your got low 8's in cuft

That a single 15 4th order or maybe 2x12"

Edited by john253a

you got 2600, want well rounded, and you must use use one of the cheapest amps on the market,

idd just do 2x 15" ported in 3cuft each a good set or 2 of comps up front, with a good HU you sill way under 2

what in gods name are you talking about? the gp3000 is the only GOOD amp that crunch makes. Decaf runs the same exact amp. rated at 3000 at 12.4v. tell me how thats a cheap amp?

lol @ john...you just liked your own comment.... and it's definitely possible. i've done it before.

your volume estimations are off slightly :)

Edited by 412 CVX

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

lol @ john...you just liked your own comment.... and it's definitely possible. i've done it before.

your volume estimations are off slightly :)

That happens with an iPhone when you try to edit

The smallest 2 15 4th order I've done were 3sealed 7ported (type-r's)

The norm is 4-8 or 4-9

I'm not saying 12sealed 18ported

I'm saying 12 to 18 all up

Edited by john253a

regardless, it's not as impossible as it may seem. it's doable.

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.