biohazardbill Posted April 19, 2012 Report Posted April 19, 2012 Looking to find a good set of components to be run from the amplifier. I was thinking 2 sets of 6.5 for the front and a set for the rear. This will be going in custom kick panels of a 65 Suburban and the rear somehow. I used to do alot of car audio however have taken quite a break. Yesterday I put a set of T1 on a 500-2 and the tweets didnt last very long lol....Dont want that to happen again. Subs will be 2 T2 15" off T2500-1bdcp Thanks for any insight.
Kyblack76 Posted April 20, 2012 Report Posted April 20, 2012 "Yesterday I put a set of T1 on a 500-2 and the tweets didnt last very long lol....Dont want that to happen again." Theres several cats running a DC 175.4, T800-4, and even T1000-4 (my plan) on RF's T1, T2, and T3 component sets, among others, so, maybe look into a DD-1 bro, with that, what is your budget? You wanna gear more toward SQ? or just get hella loud? or the "want it to get loud, and sound good doing it" deal?? SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
blkgp_03 Posted April 20, 2012 Report Posted April 20, 2012 What is your budget? Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch. TaylorFade, on 02 Jul 2013 - 9:38 PM, said: Go back to that place, ask to speak to that dude again, look him dead in the eye and then.... pop him in the snot box. Tell him T-Fade sent you.
Kyblack76 Posted April 20, 2012 Report Posted April 20, 2012 "Subs will be 2 T2 15" off T2500-1bdcp" Also, may a add? I wont fault , or bag on your list of equipment, hell, 80% of my junk is RF. But please, do yourself a favor. Spend sometime, and look into other sub brands. It cant hurt right? Those T2's arent cheap, nor will i say they are a "bad" driver. But, just sniff around a bit more before you commit on em. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
biohazardbill Posted April 20, 2012 Author Report Posted April 20, 2012 I have not set a budget. Just want it done right, with everything else we have done to this burban not gonna skimp on last minute details. When I used to be more into over the top audio I was running 4 Kove Audio Armegeddons using usamps, with 2 pr BA pro series 6.5 components. This was many years ago and was extremely loud and clear. The burban is going to be more of a show piece, however will be a drivable ride. Originally I had planned to keep all components but the head unit matching as I am partial to Alpine in that category. Doing research and watching vids for months now decided to go with RF for amps. Hence I was going to use RF subs and components. I went to a local audio shop and they have a van with 4 p3 15's powered by 2 P1000.1bd and it sounded nice, loud enough for me when i want to "kick it up", and pretty dang clean. Looking again at the inside of the burb and the specs the subs require I decided to downgrade to 2 subs and double the power so I can keep it a nice clean install and not take up a ton of room while still having the boom factor that could possibly keep up with the 4 15" p3. This being said I have the head unit and the amps. Nothing else as of yet so if you have other ideas for subs, I am open to suggestions. I am also open to running an electronic crossover and maybe use one side of the 600 for mids and the other for highs so I can more finely tune them. This would also open myself up to 8" midrange as well as they handle more power. Still a work in progress and currently lays flat unlike the picture. I want the subs and amp rack to not go any higher than the rear window and no farther forward than the pillar between them. keep in mind some of the area inside that space is also taken up by the notch. The mids and highs will basically be in custom kick panels, avoiding putting any electronics in the doors as they will be suicided. Trying to keep them as light as possible while remaining fully functional.
ham4864 Posted April 23, 2012 Report Posted April 23, 2012 sweet ride.post more work of the build. 2009 bmw 5 series Head Unit Stock Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4 Processor- Audiocontrol LC6
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.