The Rodeo: 4 Zv4 15s: 6th Order: 4 SAZ 3500s: Small Updates pg 39

Started on the amp rack. The amps are stacked horizontally with 1/4" thread rod. These are the front hold downs for the rack.

IMAG0998.jpg

IMAG0999.jpg

Primer

IMAG1000.jpg

Paint

IMAG1008.jpg

Rear hold downs painted too. The threaded rod and amps sit between both hold down pieces and the threaded rods bolt through them. The rear hold downs screw to the back of the wall and the front bolt to the 3/4" mdf base they sit on....it'll make sense in the pictures.

IMAG1006.jpg

Test fit...sorry about the terrible quality in some of these haha

IMAG1036.jpg

IMAG1037.jpg

Setting the amps with the DD1 and volt meter to gain match. They are set very conservatively. Two pairs strapped @ 1 ohm each (.5 per amp) tuned to zero clipping with the 0 db tone and gain matched down to the lower outputting pair of amps. There are definitely some gains to be had while playing music just by turning the amps up a bit more if I decide it is necessary/electrical and woofers can handle it.

IMAG1040.jpg

So then I started hooking everything up!

IMAG1042.jpg

As you can see there isn't a whole lot of room back there. Love those mini ground runs though lol. The amps and caps are so close to each other that I had no room for dual inputs But since the runs are so short I don't think I'll see a difference.

IMAG1045.jpg

IMAG1044.jpg

Team NorthWestSPL

Thanks man the caps are pretty cool.

Here it is assembled as it sits now. There are two loose wires that need to be redone, the links between the top bank and the bottom cap bank at the capacitors. I need my new crimper to come in the mail though before I can do that so they are just taped up until then.

IMAG1079.jpg

IMAG1080.jpg

IMAG1088.jpg

Team NorthWestSPL

^Too much time. Thanks tho!

Got a few quick scores before knocking a whole bunch of shit off the walls of my house and had to shut it down lol.

All scores are sealed on the dash.

IMAG1093.jpg

IMAG1094.jpg

IMAG1095.jpg

So I am mostly happy with these scores...I was hoping for a minimum of 157 when I fist fired this thing up on this power. One pair of strapped amps protected on the last little bit of the knob on both the 20hz burp and the 25hz burp. That wont be a problem when I measure outlaw so I am excited to see what happens with more meter time...

Team NorthWestSPL

Badass!!!!

2012 F250 Lariat 6.7, lifted on 22's and 35's

4 DSS Ethos 18's walled tuned low

2 Ampere Audio 7500.1's, Ampere 125.4

Rockford Pro Audio front stage

9 batteries, Mechman Elite 370 alt

Team DSS, Team Ampere Audio

2014 Meca Mod 3 TN State champ / 3rd place Mod 3 World Finals

32d73d87-e373-4a49-8914-d25decfa6dcc_zps

Thanks guys! Haha well, we had a big storm this past weekend and my neighbors were outside with a chainsaw for about 7 hours on Sunday cleaning up branches so I figured a few seconds of 157 here and there wouldnt be too big of a deal. I need to find somewhere I can test opened up though, can't do that at home.

Team NorthWestSPL

Archived