The Rodeo: 4 Zv4 15s: 6th Order: 4 SAZ 3500s: Small Updates pg 39

Test fitting the real baffle. It was perfect the first time! I was pumped about that, template baffle was perfect and transferred well enough I didn't have to do any recutting...proud of myself on that one lol

IMAG0696.jpg

Then it was time to get the baffle pieces prepped to be glued and screwed. Put down a thin coat of resin and then got to painting it black...again no one will see it but sometimes its the parts of the build you don't see too.

IMAG0697.jpg

Primer...

IMAG0698.jpg

and black

IMAG0699.jpg

well at this point it was around midnight this past Saturday the night before the show on Sunday and I still had a loooooong ways to go so I forgot to take pictures....skip ahead an hour or so....

Team NorthWestSPL

And we have a baffle installed, masked off and starting to get painted!!!

IMAG0700.jpg

IMAG0701.jpg

Then I finished painting and pulled the masking...love this picture for some reason

IMAG0703.jpg

You can see the 1" galvanized pipe and flanges that I used for baffle bracing as well...its s bit expensive but I don't have access to a welder and the tools I would need to make my own so this works awesome as a substitute.

IMAG0706.jpg

IMAG0707.jpg

And then I installed the subs!!!! Started that at about 2am lol

Also, you can make out the center pentagram piece. For now it is plugging the hole that will be used to mount the rear port. I'll be starting with a 10" flared psychoport but it hasn't arrived yet so the truck is a temporary 4th order until that comes in...

IMAG0709.jpg

Team NorthWestSPL

Oh, also built a quick temporary front port for the time being, got some sonotube and black tape and screwed this in just to get port area closer to where it needs to be. Finished everything up around 4:30 am, went to bed and got up at 7 to head out for the show!

IMAG0702.jpg

And a view from outside with the temporary front port in...puts things in a bit better perspective. Maybe tomorrow if it isn't pouring down rain ill get some more pictures from further away with better lighting...try and see how close the color match is etc.

IMAG0710.jpg

Team NorthWestSPL

By far the one of the cleanest builds there is. Made more impressive by the fact it was finished in an evening lol

Good stuff.

P.S. Dibs on first demo ;)

Cannot wait to see the final thing. Just went from Page 1 dude. Dope shit.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Cannot wait to see the final thing. Just went from Page 1 dude. Dope shit.

Thanks man, its come a looong way since then...should have seen some of the builds I had before I walled....there's a reason I don't have pictures of that haha

Team NorthWestSPL

So here is a video my buddy Drew made from his footage of the show yesterday.

Just to preface this a bit....this box is designed to be a 6th order. Chamber volumes and ratios etc are designed for that and are not "right" for a 4th order. But until the rear port arrives, it is running as a 4th so that I have something. It really isn't thaaat loud just yet. I don't know what its tuned to and is far from dialed in...but its doing okay for now. It seems to like the lows.

Team NorthWestSPL

Also, picked up some Crescendo mids to try out...just curious how they sound compared to the tantrics in a direct swap. Maybe use them for shows and the tantrics daily or something who knows...

IMAG0715.jpg

My next project is to do something about these door latches. They passenger side had almost completely unscrewed itself when I got home Sunday night. No ripping yet but i'm keeping an eye on it.

IMAG0726.jpg

Team NorthWestSPL

Archived