The Rodeo: 4 Zv4 15s: 6th Order: 4 SAZ 3500s: Small Updates pg 39

^Thank you sir! I'll make it down your way for a show one of these days...

So no real updates since adding full power. I've just been enjoying listening to the system everyday, and working on the Impreza system in my down time. Work has been crazy and i'm a bit tapped out money wise with getting engaged and buying a house.

HOWEVER, THE RODEO IS FAR FROM COMPLETE!

My next step is to remove the rear batter bank and sell them off for a few more caps and then I might swap the mechman 240 for a singer 320. Then, I still need to try that 12" rear port lol. If that doesn't get me to a 160 sealed, and it don't think it will quite be enough, i'm cutting the loading wall and redoing the port so that it is taller and skinnier extending from the floor to the roof. The geometry of the box in relation to the subs and port locations is not optimal so I have some dead space in the loading chamber. Redoing the front port should help remedy the situation and boost efficiency just a bit.

Team NorthWestSPL

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Back from the dead!

So...went to my first show of the season last Sunday. The IASCA 3X at Sight and Sound. Had an awesome time and put up a personal best to take first in my class, Advanced 2.

IMG_0165_zpspefhblhz.jpg

The Rodeo is getting up there in miles as well!

IMG_0160_zpsv6udhhpz.jpg

I should have quite a few updates this season, still shooting for that 160 sealed @ 33hz...

Team NorthWestSPL

I guess I have made a few other changes that I haven't updated here.

I decided to remove the batteries from the back of the truck. The weight was too much and as a daily driver, it was not safe. Sold 4 of them, still have two sitting in my garage.

So, I rearranged the back as such:

IMG_0153_zpsscqfu6ne.jpg

Centered the amps and moved the caps down below where the batteries used to be. Its much easier to work on this way, there was just too much gear crammed in the back with the amps, caps, and batts.

Closed back up. I think it looks much cleaner as well.

IMG_0169_zpsbwcf3qai.jpg

Now, without the reserve of the batteries, I am limited when it comes to full tilt demos right now. I can go about 80-90% volume and play all day which is fine for me daily but for demoing and bass-boxing I'd like to get all 100%...obviously lol. Not sure which direction I am going just yet.

Team NorthWestSPL

I made new doors too. The old ones sounded great but were no longer keeping up with the substage. These new doors still have the 2 tantric mids in them for now but the black inserts are removable and sized so that I can fit 4 6.5s, 3 8s, or 1 12. Once I decide what midbass configuration I am going with I plan to redo the A pillars with a number of small full range drivers or a 5" PA midrange/tweet combo.

IMG_0172_zpspscxusiz.jpg

IMG_0173_zpshavh7isr.jpg

The carpet is only "temporary" but its been on there for almost a year now lol. I'd like to redo them with color matched grey SEM texture coat.

Cleaned up for the show on Sunday.

IMG_0178_zpsh6wwhixr.jpg

Team NorthWestSPL

I hope you can get that 160 sealed, I know Dennis has been trying to for years

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I hope you can get that 160 sealed, I know Dennis has been trying to for years

Thanks! I know and he was so close too! I have some ideas, I plan on redoing the loading wall in a couple of weeks and am counting on a big gain there.

Team NorthWestSPL

Does make me wonder, you go through windshields often? Dennis keeps going through them like nothing, idk if it's a Rodeo/Passport thing or setup based, or who knows

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Archived