Can't decide on a H/u Please help.

Ok, so my pioneer is really pissing me off, pico fuse blew out, even grounding the rca's didn't help so I'm looking for a new one and can't decide between these 3.

Requirements by me, Has to have bluetooth, aux/usb. Would like to have HD Radio but not a big deal as I mostly listen to my phone or usb.

1. Kenwood Excelon x696 http://www.audiosavings.com/products/In-Dash-CD-Receiver-and-Monitor/Kenwood-Excelon-KDC-X695-In-Dash-Single-Din-Car-CD-MP3-Receiver-With-Bluetooth/KDC-X695.aspx

2. JVC kd-a925bt http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Website/JVC-Arsenal-KD-A925BT-Bluetooth-Car-CD-USB-iPhone-Player-AM-FM-Receiver/KD-A925BT.aspx

3. Alpine cde-hd137bt http://www.audiosavings.com/products/In-Dash-CD-Receiver-and-Monitor/Alpine-CDE-HD137BT-In-Dash-Car-CD-Receiver-w--Bluetooth--HD-Radio--Pandora/CDE-HD137BT.aspx

No pic on AudioSaving's site so here's Alpines link.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/cde-hd137bt/

Or any other suggestions!!!!

Rather buy from AudioSavings since they give us SMD members a discount!!

Click here to visit my UBL!

My feedback thread.

i dont have any experience with those models but i put a lot of stock into preout voltage. i am biased and wouldnt buy a JVC or kenwood, just because. but they have better specs than the alpine.

try looking up online reviews? amazon usually has a lot. look at the negatives of each unit.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I have the Sister non eXcelon deck to the X696 and the HD radio is pretty legit. Mine only has the 2.5V preouts, but the eXcelon has 4V outs. JVC is built by Kenwood now, so all the specs you compare between the two are going to be VERY similar. Ive never been a Pioneer fan because I've heard everyone go through what you went through. How people still buy them is beyond me. Get the Kenwood, it's the cheapest deck you're gonna find with all the features you're wanting. The Pre out voltage is VERY nice to have at 4V.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I have the Sister non eXcelon deck to the X696 and the HD radio is pretty legit. Mine only has the 2.5V preouts, but the eXcelon has 4V outs. JVC is built by Kenwood now, so all the specs you compare between the two are going to be VERY similar. Ive never been a Pioneer fan because I've heard everyone go through what you went through. How people still buy them is beyond me. Get the Kenwood, it's the cheapest deck you're gonna find with all the features you're wanting. The Pre out voltage is VERY nice to have at 4V.

its not the decks fault the fuse blows. its users shorting out their RCAs. its like bitching at XSpower for your fuse blowing every time you touch the two wires together.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

its not the decks fault the fuse blows. its users shorting out their RCAs. its like bitching at XSpower for your fuse blowing every time you touch the two wires together.

How many guys have to ground their RCAs that run those decks? I've heard too many. I've never had a noise issue with my Kenwoods and I'll continue to run them because the build quality is still great.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I vote for the KDC-X695. I've owned 5 different Excelon decks, gradually upgrading, and currently run the KDC-X995. Plus our shop is a certified Kenwood Excelon and JVC Arsenal dealer. Never had an issue with any of mine or any of the customers that I have installed. The 4V pre-amp outputs are nice. :good:

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Well Yes the pico fuse popping was my fault/ well wifes she didn't realize I had my amps out to clean them up and went to turn the radio on, they rca's were laying against bare metal

I had a Kenwood to start with in my car but had problems reading the display in the day time so I took it back and got this Pioneer. If it wasn't for the Pico fuse issue I wouldn't have a problem running them.

My feedback thread.

How many guys have to ground their RCAs that run those decks? I've heard too many. I've never had a noise issue with my Kenwoods and I'll continue to run them because the build quality is still great.

what does that mean other than a lot of people make stupid mistakes? ive always used pioneers and never have i blown a pico fuse.

Well Yes the pico fuse popping was my fault/ well wifes she didn't realize I had my amps out to clean them up and went to turn the radio on, they rca's were laying against bare metal

I had a Kenwood to start with in my car but had problems reading the display in the day time so I took it back and got this Pioneer. If it wasn't for the Pico fuse issue I wouldn't have a problem running them.

i have never tried fixing one before but if you are going to throw away the pioneer, i would like to take it and try to figure it out. if you dont mind.

Edited by skittlesRgood

Never blown a fuse on the hundreds of Pioneer decks I use or installed for customers. I can say, my favorite decks for performance and looks. Currently running a 4300 and looking at the 4400 right now. It comes down to preference and budget. If I had to choose out of those...I would grab the Alpine.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

what does that mean other than a lot of people make stupid mistakes? ive always used pioneers and never have i blown a pico fuse.

i have never tried fixing one before but if you are going to throw away the pioneer, i would like to take it and try to figure it out. if you dont mind.

I did open it trying to find the pico fuse, and try the solder trick that was on a honda forum somewhere but I personally couldn't find it. So I put it back together and use it till I order a new deck this coming week.

If you do want the deck skittlesRgood im sure we can work something out.(for shipping that is) I like its features and having bluetooth is nice.

My feedback thread.