Sonic Electronix

New Bose System!? Or Something Else?

they are cheaply made. The prices are so high due to heavy marketing(which is working btw). in those satellites you will see $35 china speakers in there. If you seriously want to drop the cash on Bose then go ahead, however with the same amount of money i am sure you can come up with something miles better. Bower & Wilkins has some nice bookshelves that might faint interest to you.

there goes an ol' saying "no highs, no lows, must be BOSE"

i know thousands of people pay for the name, i'm however not paying for the name, i'm paying the price that bose sells to their resellers (factory price) which is pretty nice deal.

You find me something better than bose for 200$ and i'll consider.

06 SCION tC

regardless of how much they cost, if you are getting damn good deal on them and not paying the regular store price then go ahead and cop them

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

regardless of how much they cost, if you are getting damn good deal on them and not paying the regular store price then go ahead and cop them

exactly what i'm doing. lol.

I wanted mainly to clear up space and these are big space savers and sound great IMO.

I was considering the Logitech Z-5500 system but i dont want all those speakers really...

06 SCION tC

well go ahead and cop them bro and since you getting them so cheap and Xmas is in a fw days go and ahead and cop me some. i'll pm you my home address .............. :)

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Guest Nismofreak

are you guys kidding...bose is good sound..alpine those bose speakers sounded pretty clean but yet it compared to my logitech z500 they needed improvement on the bose and my logitechh was less

bose is alright i mean the sound that comes from such small speakers its pretty cool if youre limited on space. honestly tho id say save your money and get a logitech z-5500 hands down one of the best computer speaker systems out there. the speakers also get louder than the bose but the bose speakers are smaller. if you have the space def get the z-5500 you wont be disappointed

Here guys I can explain how the whole BOSE deal goes....

I used to be Bose certified, proudly wore my leather Bose jacket, went to a few Bose classes, passed my certification. So I heard the whole story of Bose, then I heard the whole story from a very smart speaker engineer who I worked for, who been in the business for 30years.

Bose directs thier sales, and technology towards the older crowd, 50yrs old and up, and women

Why? Because the older you get, you hear things differently, highs and lows become more sensative to the hearing. Hence the "No highs, no lows, must be BOSE" They engineer there speakers for that reason, people over 50, and women, they heard about the same. Us under 40, tend to like our trebble, and bass booming, but it actually is annoying to older people- Thats why we get all these people who hate on us Boomers-

It is tested, and has been tested for years, with age, your hearing gets sensitive in different areas, and Amar Bose caught on to that, and realized , Well older people usually have money, look for quality equipment, and are easily annoyed with the common stereo systems that this older generation cannot stand. He is a damn smart person to get in to that area of marketing.

Yeah, the speakers are cheap, the quality is okay, but the unique thing about Bose is---- The Eqaulization that they use for sound control

They know that bass is 360hz and lower, that is where bass is non localized, so why do you need speakers that play lower than 360hz on the satelite speakers?? You can have a "BASS" module that takes care of all that. No, its not a subwoofer, thats a bass module. Bose doesnt make any subwoofers. They built 1 subwoofer for concert use, it was just a really big bass tube, thats it, nothing special

So, yeah, BOSE is all Marketing, and engineering on the equalization of sound to the listeners point of view-

Better sound through Research-

Better sound to the ears of the researched consumer- 50+yrs old

They sound good, thats about it... Iam sure when Iam 50, my mind will change, and I will think they sound Great, but until then, I love my 20hz bass lines, and clean crisp highs all the way beyond where I cant even hear it

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Yeah, the speakers are cheap, the quality is okay, but the unique thing about Bose is---- The Eqaulization that they use for sound control

They know that bass is 360hz and lower, that is where bass is non localized, so why do you need speakers that play lower than 360hz on the satelite speakers?? You can have a "BASS" module that takes care of all that. No, its not a subwoofer, thats a bass module. Bose doesnt make any subwoofers. They built 1 subwoofer for concert use, it was just a really big bass tube, thats it, nothing special

So, yeah, BOSE is all Marketing, and engineering on the equalization of sound to the listeners point of view-

Better sound through Research-

Better sound to the ears of the researched consumer- 50+yrs old

Ba-baa-daa! And someone who knows has spoken. The first thing every sound company did when the BOSE 801 was realeased was buy shitloads of them to stack/array them. Funnily enough, they sounded like crap and feed back. And they do that becuase they are extremely mid heavy. The older generation like it. Most (not all) younger folk do not. Personal preference really. I just want flat 20/20 response to stop feedback.

Alpine, grab that for the price. Worst comes to worse, you still have a perfectly good stereo system, BOSE or not.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by MickyMcD

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

you havent done your homework on bose have you sir? :(

Bose is unfortunately no good, their marketing team has gotten the best of everyone.

i have to agree...thye used to be mad nice anod now everyone believes their the best now.

now that their name is so up there they can not do as much and they still got the name

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!