Sonic Electronix

OK, quick question. 2005 chevt avalanche with bose. is the factory amp remote wire pink? where is wire located? on the harness which is unplugged from the factory radio or under the center console? I need the quickest way to get the factory amp on with a cheap generic harness! This dude brought me a broken data bus module & all I have is the generic harness. I know it is possible but I'm just wanting to know the quickest way.

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Well I'm almost positive that the wire is pink. let me break down this situation:

05' avalanche w/ bose (no onstar)

installing avic D3, 4 ga. amp kit, 2 pioneer shallow mount 10's, pioneer amp, metra kit GMOS-04

well I hooked up the metra kit & the craziest shit happened! The radio comes on with out the key in the ignition! I triple checked all wires. yellow to yellow & red to red. for some reason the 12 volt ign wire (red) is keeping 12 volts when the key is off! ( yes I opened & closed the doors 100 times!) Even stranger I get no sound out of the door speakers with the key on or off? I chaulked it up to a fucked up metra kit!

you guys got any ideas or ever had this problem?

dj2q.jpg

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

well I hooked up the metra kit & the craziest shit happened! The radio comes on with out the key in the ignition! I triple checked all wires. yellow to yellow & red to red. for some reason the 12 volt ign wire (red) is keeping 12 volts when the key is off! ( yes I opened & closed the doors 100 times!) Even stranger I get no sound out of the door speakers with the key on or off? I chaulked it up to a fucked up metra kit!

you guys got any ideas or ever had this problem?

yeah i had this thing happen to my ion. i dont know what exactly fixed it but it turned off when i opened the door after i replaced the remote wire. i dunno why tho. sorry :unsure:

you ain't been bizzy til you've been wit jizzy.

Vehicle:: 2005 Saturn Ion

Headunit:: Jensen 9312HD

Speakers:: RE SE Coaxials

Subwoofer(s):: (2) 15" RE SEs

Amplifier(s):: Audiopipe AP1500.1D

Audiopipe AP1504

Enclosure:: Sealed

Wire: KNU KONCEPTZ 1/0

Battery:: Kinetik HC600

yes, but what would cause the red ignition wire coming out of the interface to keep constant 12 volts? the interface is getting hot when the radio is on. It has to be a bad interface module. Gonna go get a new one today.

dj2q.jpg

Well I solved the problem. I bypassed the factory amp altogether & ran my own ACC, 12+, & ground. everything works fine now. BTW, I bought a brand new data bus interface & had the same exact problem?

dj2q.jpg

Well I solved the problem. I bypassed the factory amp altogether & ran my own ACC, 12+, & ground. everything works fine now. BTW, I bought a brand new data bus interface & had the same exact problem?

If you want to be able to keep your radio on untill the door is open you could use a couple relays. My dad wanted my to do this in his truck after i used the cheap harness raddelay.gif

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Archived