0 or 4 Gauge And big 3 worth it?

98 Cavalier

105amp stock alt

Stock wiring

Going in:

Punch 4080 mids and highs (50amp draw)

Power 500M Subs ( 60 amp draw)

4 gauge should handle the current load to the back of the car with no problem, it's only a 17ft run. I just want to run by some of you guys cause af some of you may know I've been outta the game for a while but this basic electrical should still be the same.

Any advantage to going straight 0 all teh way back other than flexibility if I add more amps?

Other wise I'm thinking 4 gauge to a dist block and 3 8 gauge runs to the amps. One run with a 50 amp fue to the 4080 and two runs with two 30 amp fuses to teh 500m.

Also, the big three worth it here? Simple math says ya, especialy since these are unregulated amps. What are the typical, does that word even exist in car audio?, results? 2 Volts?

TIA!

And don't kill the old timer

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

up to you man, but, ive ran 3 sets of main, cuz i didnt plan ahead, or except the system at the time, and kept getting bigger, and wanting more...runing wire clean is a mother, and why do it twice, or in my case, 3 times........also, the 1/0 wire i used was suprising flexable... and i got it "through" ok.... and, with the upgrade 3, i would do that if i had a system or not now.....but, its your ride, your bag......

You might be the dude that sits content with what ya got, or the dude asking where to buy, and how to run your 1/0 in 3 months....lol.. i dunno..but im sick of doing things more than once.... cheers man....

edit - from one oldish timer to another...

Edited by KyLar96

Your right, odds are I wont sit back and just leave teh system alone. I'll be messing with it for one thing or another. That or just testing stuff all the time. And as far as running everything once, your right on that too. I'm pulling all the carpet out and getting to frame, so now would be as good a time as any. AND I already got 20 ft of 0, I will just buy more when I do up teh 2nd car.

Sometimes just seeing someone else type it makes teh worl of difference!

Any idea on teh voltage gains with teh big 3?

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

being a cavalier owner personally. do the big 3. and dont skimp on wire

468x60drc.jpg

0 gauge into a dist block (0 in / 4 out) is what i did as well as a big 3 in 0. Both cut down A LOT on voltage drop. So helps power your current system better and future ones as well but you might need a few upgrades depending on what your plans would be.

The spot with least resistance LOL.

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

how many poeple work there 3 or 4 lol

At crescendo HQ? probably 2-3

At the sweatshop in china? 30,000 children

No Engine

i cant tell you on you ride, and with your gear. My gain was there, but, from what i saw,it was more having to do with the loss, that made me smile......errrrrr, it stayed more consistant. I did have a stock DENSO unit. So, that was cool, but, when i chose to "upgrade" the leads/grounds, i saw more of a consistant, steady, voltage. Know what i mean? my voltage didnt totaly "increase" much per say. I just held tighter, and alot longer. Maybe im high, but, thats what i saw, and recorded. Ive already done my wife titan, and she runs stock audio. With that, and our last disscusion, lol , i swapped in a SINGER, and added a D3100. And my lil system is a joke compaired to these nut jobs... :lol:

The proof is there and has been shown in numerous builds all over the site. Regardless, if you have the resources, what would it hurt?

The only thing I can really say is... You can either do it the first time, or tear things apart to do it next week. Lol

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

first off i have owned the 4080 and 500m....both are old school beasts for sure...mad props there...

if you can look into running 0g back to distro...then 4g out to amps...if you need to get some 4g to 8g adapters to get the wire to fit in the 8g plugs on the amps...that way your getting as much power to the amps as possible

do the big3 too..with 0g or at least 2g

Edited by stroupe79

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Rolex,

Check this dude and his site out, theres an excellent vid, and i currently use, and run 4 of Tony's products. You will not find anyone smarter, or more geared to please you... tell him i said hi...you cant go wrong, even if you just buy the dudes books, and sit on the toilet... hes in-human....

http://www.stevemead...-the-big-three/

Edit - click the link, and this has to do with the upgrade weve been bs'n about.... you cant go wrong... and apply it to your 1/0 run... good times... and great info..

Edited by KyLar96