Computer Power Pulses

I just basically rebuild another computer, and I go to turn it on and it turns on for a second then shuts off. Sometimes though (at random) it will stay on for like 15 seconds like it is going to boot up. but then shuts off as if someone pulled the plug.... Can anyone tell me what the problem is? The Mobo doesnt beep so I am guessing that the ram is fine... Is it the processor? Thanks.

Cameron

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

i was helping my cousin build a new computer, we found out it had something to do with the ati video cars... they have to be directly connected to the power supply before any fans etc. Useally it would boot for a quick flash on and off, you go to turn it on again and itd work prefectly.Akso another case we found in my computer was the OCZ quick connect power supply cable must be in prefectly tight or it incounters the same problem... goodluck otherwise

it could be many of things, power supply would be my first guess, then i would try to make sure the ram is seated properly and the processor as well. If all of these things check out, maybe your motherboard is bad.

I used this psu to power a dual core, 2 gigs of ram 2 hard drives, 2 rom drives and wireless internet + 6600GT AGP vga... It was good when I pulled it... Right now it is only trying to run a single core with 1 hdd, the 6600gt and 1 rom drive with 1 gig of ram... I dont understand... Ill try some of the stuff you guys mentioned...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

I used this psu to power a dual core, 2 gigs of ram 2 hard drives, 2 rom drives and wireless internet + 6600GT AGP vga... It was good when I pulled it... Right now it is only trying to run a single core with 1 hdd, the 6600gt and 1 rom drive with 1 gig of ram... I dont understand... Ill try some of the stuff you guys mentioned...

Can you list the model numbers of the mobo, cpu, ram and video card

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

Can you list the model numbers of the mobo, cpu, ram and video card

8KDA+PRO Epox mobo

AMD Athlon 64, dont know the number on it though some kid gave it to me yesterday.

Corsair Value Select ram (2x512)

eVGA 6600GT video card

I unpluged the rom drive, hdd, vga so that it would just power up the motherboard and nothing else, and it does the same thing.... the processor is in correctly, and the ram is seated properly... I thought that it was the motherboard in the beginning but took it to my computer teacher and he said that he thought it was the processor, I let him take the mobo home and he said that he put his processor on the motherboard and it worked fine. He said that he got into bios and everything, now I cant even get the damn thing to turn on...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

Found out that it was the motherboard. I put in a different mobo and it boots up but when I try to install windows xp it says that there was an error loading the operating system. I have formated and retried but it never works. Does anyone know what it could be? I dont have another hdd to try another install on so maybe its just the hdd?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

My buddy was having some of your original problems and it was because his motherboard was being grounded out. So just to check did you install risers between the motherboard and case. That could be the problem with your windows as well. BUT most likely the windows problem is a scratch on th disk. How far along in the install process does it let you get?

And also if you want to get a lot of help with guys that know as much computer knowledge as these guys on smd know about audio. Check out Overclock.net, They have a ton of people on all the time and a lot of knowledge.