is it 80db is .001w? i read it as, we use .001w to make 80db when we yell. it says all energy is constant so 50w to a speaker should lead to 50w worth of energy leaving the cone. again, i could be very wrong but thats the way i read it. ill look at it again later.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i feel like i just got ear raped...... LOL

op this is a very interesting topic.....could be fun if you had endless funds to see how many watts would heat up a cup of water as fast as possible :)

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

i feel like i just got ear raped...... LOL

op this is a very interesting topic.....could be fun if you had endless funds to see how many watts would heat up a cup of water as fast as possible :)

definitely not endless but there might be a 7k or maybe even a 12k at my disposal lol. but i think a key element here will be a higher frequency and a mid or tweet wont take much power.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Amazing what the pistol shrimp can do!

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

is it 80db is .001w? i read it as, we use .001w to make 80db when we yell. it says all energy is constant so 50w to a speaker should lead to 50w worth of energy leaving the cone. again, i could be very wrong but thats the way i read it. ill look at it again later.

just to get the sentence here:

"The average human yells at about 80 decibels, which carries along with it about .001 watts of energy..."

Since it "carries" it along with it 0.001 watts, that is all that is there, in the air. There is no way to put 50 watts to a speaker and have it all go to a glass of water or similar. First of all, you will lose most of the power in the speaker, largely to heat, etc. I don't know how to do the math, nor do I want to go find out, but judging by the 0.001 watts from 80dB, say a very good case scenario you have enough power in the sound waves to be considered a full watt. Now focus this at a glass of water. Can you still hear the speaker? Yes, so not all of it is going to the water. Considering how well sound bounces off large bodies of water, almost none of it gets absorbed I would guess. Even if you did get that full watt into it, using their math, it would take 52000 seconds to heat your "coffee" or whatever. (well over half a day) since this is way longer than the rate at which it would loose heat, etc.

However, feel free to try it.

Especially the second one, that sounds fun if it works.