Alternator confusion

Hi again guys, back again to ask another silly noobish question. You are all very helpful whenever I ask these questions. Well anyways, I was trying to figure out what alternator to pick up. Right now I drive 2002 v8 4.7L jeep grand cherokee, typed in HO alternators for this model and got a list from https://www.dcpowerinc.com/category/high-output-alternators.html?model=Grand+Cherokee&engine=4.7L+V8&make=Jeep&year=2002 ... Right now I have a 135 amp alternator. I plan to grab a 1.5k watt amp, preferably the SAZ-1500D v.2. My main question is which alternator should I pick up to run the amp properly? The link has 4 alts, the two I am interested in are the 250 amp and the 270 amp ones. I remember finding a link saying how many amps your car requires while driving but I can not find it.

Besides this, I was hoping to figure out if I need anything else other than the 1/0 gauge wiring and a nice battery? In anyway will this electrical upgrade cause any harm to my Jeep, if installed properly?

Any other info would be amazing, I am new to electrical upgrades (and vehicles in general) and want to do this install with as little help from a local shop as possible. Forums got great info on them and I am feeling confident, Thanks for the help.

45a x 14.4v = 648watts ?

wrong amp 45 not 35

180a x 14.4v = 2592 watts gonna guess someone isn't getting their full potential

Edited by deathcards

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

same math I got which was I got confused.

The extra 10 doesn't really account for much but yeah bad subtraction on my end

Well is that a second alternator? B/c wouldn't a good amount of the alternator be used for driving purposes?

Edited by Jgrizz

same math I got which was I got confused.

The extra 10 doesn't really account for much but yeah bad subtraction on my end

lol its ok it didn't look right at first then i found out y

skar sk2500.1
alpine HU
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

go 270 for cushion/ room for expansion

do big 3 first it helps :) then alt or bat i say your choice

Edited by deathcards

skar sk2500.1
alpine HU
2 x-15 sundowns

Well atleast I know that I will have way more than enough room to cover for driving and music. I was just hoping to get another opinion.

Think you could answer any of my other questions? Oh and will those alts fit properly?

250a x 14.4 = 3600 watts

270a x 14..4 = 3888 watts

Those numbers dont really mean much in reality as your going to have battery power and the whole dynamic power side of amps playing music to take into account. Unless your running tones all the time.

Edited by Emmet

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.