My mom has a 06 Mustang GT (In my sig) and it needs a new headunit. I'd appreciate some help in choosing it. Thanks!!

IMG_0342%20800x533.jpg

Messy garage

IMG_0344%20800x533.jpg

Broken HU

IMG_0345%20800x533.jpg

6.5" on top

8" Sub below that

IMG_0347%20800x533.jpg

Dirty car :/

IMG_0348%20800x533.jpg

IMG_0351%20800x533.jpg

IMG_0353%20800x533.jpg

Edited by Avery Howell

2012 Jeep Wrangler 3.6 W/ 6 Speed

Build Log

2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 6.2

Build Log

YouTube

I'm pretty sure a HU for those are expensive cuz you have to buy a whole new center piece or however you call it. But you can't go wrong with a touch screen double din!

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

I'm pretty sure a HU for those are expensive cuz you have to buy a whole new center piece or however you call it. But you can't go wrong with a touch screen double din!

A mid range Kenwood is around $500 so not over the top expensive but still spendy.

Build Log

Build Log

YouTube

Any double din is a good choice. Buy the wiring harness and the adapter for it since it is a stock 2.2din. You said 6.5 as the top part of the door, its a 5x7 stock. I love my Jensen but they don't make the Jlink anymore and thats the only reason I bought it. Also, you may need to buy a radio adapter, I had to for mine. Though I still never listen to radio. It's just good to have automatic time update.

The mustang also has 5x7 in the rear deck but if done right you can get a 6x9 to fit perfectly, just need self tapping screws (for simplicity). Also the stock 5x7's are very very shitty. Its like have a 4"mid and a .75" tweeter. I have mine laying around somewhere but big difference if you put a 6x8 in the door.

IMO the Din is what your planing on doing. Keeping it stock, then I'd shoot for more Watts/channel.

Planning on adding amps, then I like my 4V HUs. (I've not done any tests on this but IMO, the distance from a HU to a line driver is still able to get added "noise" if the voltage is low. So IMO even if you plan on using a line driver, 4v is better than 2v just like 2v is better than .9v)

Use Ipod like crazy? get one that will cater to that.

Want Navi, then well prepare for more $. I like my phones nav anyway though so instead get an android. GMaps FTW.

Any double din is a good choice. Buy the wiring harness and the adapter for it since it is a stock 2.2din. You said 6.5 as the top part of the door, its a 5x7 stock. I love my Jensen but they don't make the Jlink anymore and thats the only reason I bought it. Also, you may need to buy a radio adapter, I had to for mine. Though I still never listen to radio. It's just good to have automatic time update.

The mustang also has 5x7 in the rear deck but if done right you can get a 6x9 to fit perfectly, just need self tapping screws (for simplicity). Also the stock 5x7's are very very shitty. Its like have a 4"mid and a .75" tweeter. I have mine laying around somewhere but big difference if you put a 6x8 in the door.

IMO the Din is what your planing on doing. Keeping it stock, then I'd shoot for more Watts/channel.

Planning on adding amps, then I like my 4V HUs. (I've not done any tests on this but IMO, the distance from a HU to a line driver is still able to get added "noise" if the voltage is low. So IMO even if you plan on using a line driver, 4v is better than 2v just like 2v is better than .9v)

Use Ipod like crazy? get one that will cater to that.

Want Navi, then well prepare for more $. I like my phones nav anyway though so instead get an android. GMaps FTW.

I have an android. and I didn't know that the door speakers weren't 6.5 so thanks!! that could have ended up bad! hah

Build Log

Build Log

YouTube

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )