Kinetik Hc1400 Custom Bracket

well in my blazer the kinetik 1400 needs to be side post and its not. so im wondering what guage metal to run down the side to make a custom bracket to put some screws in so i can do my wiring i plan on bolting it to the top and doing a 90 bend down the side but i dont wanna go to thin and i dont wanna go to thick and not be able to bend it or something anybody ever had to do this?

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

A couple ideas for you. Cut off the factory side posts, put ring terminals on the factory wires, and connect them directly to the Kinetik or connect them to a nice set of battery terminals. Use a short run of 1/0 wire with ring terminals on both ends to run around the side instead of a piece of metal. For metal though, you can pick up flat strips of aluminum from Lowe's for a few dollars. Get the thickest they have available.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

img.jpg

how bout something like this? turns top post into a side?

Desc says " Converts any battery to side mount for installation in GM vehicles while retaining functionality of top battery post for audio system

Now those are snazzy looking. I'm gonna have to remember those for a future batt install in my Yukon.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Archived