Second Skin Audio

suggestions please, which sub(s) for my 500 watt amp?

oh ok

all the subs i listed i think can be run fine off 500 watts, matter of fact when i go duals in the future will probably go with a slash 1000...so till 500 a piece

what about DD or Audioque

btw, i really do like the sound of the gti's and the w6's but pretty sure im gonna need a pair of those to really slam

I see people running AQ but I don't see people recommending them too often. I rarely see anyone running DD and even more rarely see people suggest them, not that that means anything bad about either company.

If you want SQ and still be able to get loud I would say go with SSA, sort of what they go for IMO.

In addition to what has been said:

Dc level 2

Obsidian Audio

you say you are planning of upgrading to 1000 rms in the future? then i'd personally get a DD1512, Sundown E-12( ? ) , DC level 2/3 for now, then get your 1000rms amp and buy a 2nd woofer of the same one you purchased before. personally i would do the DD 1512 because i was quite impressed with mine.

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

I'd say SA-12's, they're like the ramen noodles of subwoofers, they work in almost any system.

Bad comparison?

You also said your upgrading your amplifier sometime? SA-12's or obsidian audio 12's'd be my recommendation.

THE TC SYSTEM:

>2003 Honda Civic DX coupe

>1 TC Sounds TC-3000 1.4QVC

>3cu ft 6" aeroport tuned to 30hz port⊂ forward facing sealed from trunk

>US amps Xterminator XT-2000D (soon to go)

>Pioneer DEH3000ib

>Soundstream BX-20Z Digital Bass Processor

>Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge wire

>Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge wire big 3

oh ok

all the subs i listed i think can be run fine off 500 watts, matter of fact when i go duals in the future will probably go with a slash 1000...so till 500 a piece

what about DD or Audioque

btw, i really do like the sound of the gti's and the w6's but pretty sure im gonna need a pair of those to really slam

I don't know what kind of "slam" your looking for, but one 13.5 W6 will do a hell of a lot in a good box. My 10 almost does a 140

1989 Chevy Beretta

My Gear

HU- Kenwood KIV-701

Amp- Alpine PDX 600.1M this will change in the very near future

Sub- 10" JL W6V2 in H.O box, will be W6V3 when released, I'm ready for the trolling XD

Speakers- 6 1/2 Memphis PR component custom door mount, 4" Memphis Coax PR in dash, 5 1/4 Memphis Coax in rear deck, upgrade soon. 3-Way C5 in front, rear deck unknown yet

Power Wire- Memphis 1/0 AWG to StreetWires fused +/- distro, Memphis 4 AWG out, plus 4 AWG Big 3

RCA's- StreetWires ZN3 2 Chan/ ZN5 4 Chan + StreetWires 9 Conductor, All this is going to Memphis UTPF soon enough

CompuStar Alarm/Remote Start 2 way with 901 remote.

I know I'm forgetting stuff too

139.4 term lab on the glass vented. 44Hz

• 2 weeks later...