Install went horrible today fml :/

BEEMDUB

Ok so heres what I was attempting to do in my 07 dodge charger....Hook up the 4 stock 6x9s (Two in the front door and two in the rear deck) and 2 selenium st-200s up to my p400.4....So I hooked them up to the amp like this

chan 1: 1 st200

chan 2: 1 st200

chan 3: 2 6x9s

chan 4: 2 6x9s

chan 1 and 2 were hpf'd as high as the amp could go 500hz and both super tweets had a high pass crossover cap on em 5000> ....I hooked up the front preout rca from the h/u, and the rear rca is where the trouble started I got the wrong adapters to split it and the rca couldn't reach the p400 from where its at now which is my sub amp underneath the false floor in the trunk...So I hooked the rear rca into the input on the sub amp and then ran a 6 foot rca from the output on the sub amp to the p400....so I turned on my h/u (kvt-512) And the speakers started making a solid high frequency tone and only the super tweets played any audible music and it sounded like shit...So I unhooked the rear rcas and it still sounded the same...WTF...I'm guessing my rcas are fucked up somewhere because when I put my sub amp in I already had to ground the rear rcas to the headunit because they had a horrible ground loop...So I tried grounding the front preout too and the solid high pitch tone died down but none of the 6x9s played.....What in the fuck is going on I'm beyond pissed right now I was in my garage for 5 hours and now I have ZERO godamn music somebody help me before I go crazy!!!!

Ok so heres what I was attempting to do in my 07 dodge charger....Hook up the 4 stock 6x9s (Two in the front door and two in the rear deck) and 2 selenium st-200s up to my p400.4....So I hooked them up to the amp like this

chan 1 and 2 were hpf'd as high as the amp could go 500hz and both super tweets had a high pass crossover cap on em 5000> ....I hooked up the front preout rca from the h/u, and the rear rca is where the trouble started I got the wrong adapters to split it and the rca couldn't reach the p400 from where its at now which is my sub amp underneath the false floor in the trunk...So I hooked the rear rca into the input on the sub amp and then ran a 6 foot rca from the output on the sub amp to the p400....so I turned on my h/u (kvt-512) And the speakers started making a solid high frequency tone and only the super tweets played any audible music and it sounded like shit...So I unhooked the rear rcas and it still sounded the same...WTF...I'm guessing my rcas are fucked up somewhere because when I put my sub amp in I already had to ground the rear rcas to the headunit because they had a horrible ground loop...So I tried grounding the front preout too and the solid high pitch tone died down but none of the 6x9s played.....What in the fuck is going on I'm beyond pissed right now I was in my garage for 5 hours and now I have ZERO godamn music somebody help me before I go crazy!!!!

lolumadbro?

Just kidding, I know that feeling. Finally got my 4 channel in with my old HDC3's, and for some reason the amp completely shorted out. Had to go back to h/u power. Pissed me off. Try every possible situation.

POTATO!

The output from the sub amp may be bad.

But even when I disconnected the rear rca from that amp completely it was still all messed up.. and also even when the volume on the h/u was at 0 the high pitch tone still played...

lolumadbro?

Just kidding, I know that feeling. Finally got my 4 channel in with my old HDC3's, and for some reason the amp completely shorted out. Had to go back to h/u power. Pissed me off. Try every possible situation.

Hell yea im fuckin mad! and yea looks like I'll be soundless until tuesday because I won't have any time to even work on my car until then..

Just start over, man. Redo the ground loop fix, run new rca wires, don't use the sub amps output. If the tweeters have a built in crossover, set the amp filter to 'through' or 'off' on those channels.

I haven't even ran wires I did all of the "testing" with the speaker wire and rca running outside of the car...that way so if everything was screwed up like it is I wouldn't have to rip em all out....and the super tweets don't have built in crossovers...

High pass crossover cap at 5000. You didn't write that?

Yea I used high pass caps I already had I was saying the seleniums dont have them "built in" ..

inline cap the selinium tweets dont have crossovers on them

Yea I did...

Alright good news I found a female to female adapter and got a straight connection for my rear RCAs and got everything playing :D after messing with the amp filters it's Sounds pretty good! I feel relieved lol now just gotta figure out how to get my subs working because I only have one freakin rear output (subs/rear)

Archived