Anyone ever do it? I am dying to try it because it seems like it works but then I've also read horror stories about it and I heard that you MUST change your spark plugs and oil within 100 miles after doing it, is that true? Any input on this would be great.

Just found a tutorial on here. Seems like a good idea, any input from anyone though before I take the plunge?

Edited by ant the ninja

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

I always do it right before I change my oil.

Never gave me any problems, and never dirtied my plugs.

A team mate of mine foamed his one car before every oil change and it worked great, the smoke cloud that comes out of the tail pipe is pretty cool too lol. Catastrophic results only occur if the part that breaks, is already on it's way out. We sell tons of them at pepboys and when i worked at advance auto parts, if you feel it'll help, give it a shot.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

ive ran it in my brake booster vacuum line before. they say the more smoke that comes out the the more buildup you have. of course mine smoked up like a SOB. no ill effects. seemed to have done its purpose.

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

I've used Seafom on my van before- seemed to help a bit before my head gasket gave out the rest of the way... but- I think it does work. The upper motor (valves, pistons, etc...) was very clean upon break-down, even with 240k plus miles. I've always been a fan of Lucas's fuel treatment. I use that on the regular.

Vid of Seafoam on the van (not that impressive at all):

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

I've used Seafom on my van before- seemed to help a bit before my head gasket gave out the rest of the way... but- I think it does work. The upper motor (valves, pistons, etc...) was very clean upon break-down, even with 240k plus miles. I've always been a fan of Lucas's fuel treatment. I use that on the regular.

Vid of Seafoam on the van (not that impressive at all):

Dude!, my 89 astro van had 239k when the headgasket when out. It had a very very hard life. I even used it to haul cars on a trailer to the scrap yard. That 4.6 was crazy reliable. Of course it's too bad it rusted from the inside out. Now its in scrap yard heaven.Heck i even made a profit on it cause the price of iron was so high.

Thanks for the all the replies guys, So you think its a good idea? She's got around 170k on her, my MPG is way down and I think it could run a little better than it is, its not idling rough or anything. Maybe its a waste of time?

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB