2 tweeters on one crossover ?

i have a set of CDT audio CL632 comp set and was thinking about getting another set of the same tweeters but can i run them off the same crossover or will that mess it up ?

but will the change in the ohm load mess up the crossover and if not will it change ohm load amp sees ?

Every crossover is designed for one impedance, adding more drivers you change the impedance and with that you change crossover frequency... So answer is: no, you cannot put two tweeters on one crossover...

or should i just wire up the tweeters straight to amp with active x-over ?

Active x over is way to go if you want your tweets alive :)

Edited by bego

Every crossover is designed for one impedance, adding more drivers you change the impedance and with that you change crossover frequency... So answer is: no, you cannot put two tweeters on one crossover...

I don't see why you can't if the crossover's rated ohm load is the same as the final load of two tweeters... correct me if I'm wrong.

POTATO!

ok thank you ! and i can just wire them in line after the cross over to get amp to 2ohms to compensate for the extra tweeters ! thanks for the help !

I don't see why you can't if the crossover's rated ohm load is the same as the final load of two tweeters... correct me if I'm wrong.

He didnt mention nothing about the same load. correct me if I'm wrong :) If thats the case go for it...

nope will be different load ! :-( where can i get some active crossovers for my tweeters ? good place to buy ? and correct if wrong but arent active cross overs those filter things you put inline of the speaker ?