Update, installed my Audio-Technix yesterday, and I must say, made a huge difference, and my trunk isn't 100% covered yet

Dusty ol reardeck

616759_511973465486244_1114133166_o.jpg

Wanted to play around with this stuff, so I deaden my license plate

423468_511973532152904_2096891274_n.jpg

Reardeck all deaden up

486595_511973582152899_1309749072_n.jpg

422291_511973612152896_208377826_n.jpg

Time for the trunk floor

313281_511973662152891_1133281186_n.jpg

All deaden up

391439_511973715486219_870625571_n.jpg

547737_511973778819546_195336019_n.jpg

553586_511973858819538_2093717561_n.jpg

560986_511973915486199_786295043_n.jpg

Trunk floor is 75% covered, trunk lid is 50% covered, and so far made a huge difference, I get a lot less rattle, and for the reardeck, I don't hear weird noises anymore, extremely good product, I would definitely recommend it, though gonna order more to finish up my trunk, and do my front doors.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Gonna order more Audio-Technix when my paycheck gets sent in, updates usually happen every 2 weeks unless I'm saving for something or got something else done sooner.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Like what you've done so far. I had the 97(98 American numbers) Volvo s70 t5. The thing was a beast Exspecialy after I put in a 250hp turbo :). Got rid of the freaken thing in Feb cause of the cost of maintaining that thing. Plus wanted something little easier to work on lol. Yours looks nice sir. Did you have many clearance probs with the doors on yours. Also how did you get the wire through the molex on that thing. I never figured it out on mine had no where to drill and didn't want to take the doors off.

Thanks man :)

Lucky man, wish I have the T5 version, 143 hp doesn't please me well, oh well, and yeah, my timing belt needs to be replaced soon(bye bye $500, but the car is old, and needed it anyways, can't complain really), but everything seems to be working fine. Though, performance is not in the planning at all, too expensive for little gain, only thing I'll do to the engine is keep it running, replace air filter, and in the future, hopefully, replace alt.

I had a tight fit with the Focals on the front door, magnet is touching the door, so gonna make a ring to extend the mounting depth a little. For the molex connection(if you're assuming the speaker connection), I just snapped it off, and with replaced it with disconnects to connect to my speaker to the headunit, and the door panel isn't hard to remove really.

Though, I do need to find the speaker adapter for the rear doors since mines the basic model, so no rear doors speakers, which I wanna put to improve my rear stage, and ditch my reardeck speakers.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Yea the t5 was a blast it would 119 at the drag strip stock in sport setting. After upgrades I got 129 out of it but top speed as fast I would push it was 139:). The part I was talking about is where the wire harness goes from the body to the door. Mine had no room for mods had to use factory wires. The ring adapter is what I had to make and mounted it to the speaker adapter my planet audio would stay off the door too. The door panels on those cars have to be the easiest I've ever seen. The timeing belt sucks cost me 280 and I did it took 3 long days. What alt do you have in your car? If it fits I got one still I think it's a 120amp alt I'll have to look tomorrow. If I still have it and a lower high pressure oil line if it fits. The one thing I miss on my Volvo is the automatic seats and the trany shift modes :) .

I don't think my car would make it a little over 100, and it hates it when I do high rpms, coolant light turns on.

Hmm, I don't see that many wires on my door, only see some to operate the window and lock controls, but then again, it's a basic model.

I have to get a mechanic to replace my timing belt cause I lack the tools, knowledge, and the tensioner is the confusing part also, plus my dad offered to help pay for it. Hopefully it can last another month till I get the money, don't want the timing belt to go bust since the engine is an interference engine.

No the alt works perfect, it's the Bosch 55-100 amp alt that comes stock, I meant replace it with a High Ouput alt, like a Mechman or something if I ever get serious haha

I love my automatic seats, though mines an automatic with the Sport, Economy, and Weather button.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

My coolant light did that a few times. on mine it was two things turbo would suck the coolant level down to the sensor And the pump was bad. These things were ment to drive forever. Dose your car have the turbo. Yea my doors had the heated mirrors power everything on the doors the drivers door controlled so much lol. I won't complain about the work I put into cuse for 2300 bucks it would run like a bat out of heck. It was silver with the three position sun roof as I call it. My tranny was automatic with the same controls I like the sport shift best lol.I hated the weather mode it would let me do doughnuts on snow :( .I don't know about yours but the t5 has 3 or 4 computers on it. On the alt I'll check if it's more amps and fits I'll let you have it.

Mine has no turbo, it's the 2.4l non turbo FWD, and I also paid $2300 for mine, came with 212k miles, and I'm gonna drive it as long as I can, I love my car, sure it's slow, and has expensive tastes in gas, but I like the way it drives, very smooth, calm, mellow car. Mine has no sunroof, like I said, basic model, which I don't mind, I never use the sunroof anyways. I like sport shift too :D, though sucks up more gas, but car behaves better at higher accelerations. Think mine has only 1 computer though, and thank you on the offer for the alt.

Though besides the timing belt, engine is running perfectly, haven't had any problems on it at all, Volvo's are very well built. Think the only problem on my car is cosmetic, just need a new rear bumper cause the last owner got rearended, and paints faded on some parts, but I'm not worried about that.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

I hear ya on that. I've seen two with 750 k+ on them and running with same motor and no rebuilds. Nothing wrong with it your happy with it that's all it matters in the end :). Almost envy you car but I like my new beast 5.4 tritan :). I had to go back and look didn't notice the damage. Still nice car and build sir good luck with it. I'd love to see one walled out :).

Archived