Update, finally got to deadening my front doors with the Audio-Technix I had laying around.

273061_535331749817082_557170176_o.jpg

324257_535331799817077_217322172_o.jpg

195102_535331856483738_887203615_o.jpg

240630_535331926483731_723367966_o.jpg

Noticeable improvements, better clarity at lower, and higher volumes, better mid bass, and doesn't sound like the speaker is banging on the door, so better sound quality overall.

Next plan:

Do the Big 3 since I keep dropping from 13.5 to 11.5 sometimes depending on the song, so gotta fix that.

After advice from Cablguy, and reading from TheScottishBear, I'm gonna order some Acoustic foam for my doors since they said it helps improve dynamic range.

Still gotta make the trim rings to extend the front speakers since the magnets are touching the door.

After I get my last paycheck at the end of the month, I should hopefully be able to get my 4 channel since the mids, and highs are getting tired of 10 watts a piece.

Bad news:

Since I'm out of a job ranging from a few weekds to possibly a couple months since they need to get projects for me to do, this build is gonna be paused basically.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Just went through your whole build log. Looks good. Bummer about not having more money for the project. One can sympathize. hehe. If you can seal the baffle to the door you should get even better midbass. Maybe cover it in some AT to the door panel so it acts as an enclosure. I could send you a pair of peerless or alpine 6.5's to try out as you said you wanted to upgrade. They are just collecting dust in the garage and I can't use em for anything. The alpine might be a better fit as they aren't as deep as the peerless.

Here is a fullrange for your rear deck. I don't remember seeing if you had looked at any yet.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=290-379

Send me a pm about the speakers if you are interested. I can cover the postage to help a brother out. Have to wait till the first though. lol

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Thanks ScottishBear :D

I do plan on using the AT as an enclosure(since I have like half a roll left still) after I make rings for my front speakers, which I do plan to after I figure out how to use my router(I have the jasper jig, and good drill bits, just need to practice with it).

Thank you very much for the offer, I may take it, though I do plan on upgrading the front tweeters as well when if I get new midbasses, and move my current front stage to the rear doors. Though need to get my lazy ass to get some fiberglassing supplies lol :D Though the front stage currently is doing great so far, just thinking of new ideas sometimes.

I'm actually planning on ditching the rear deck speakers, which probably has been damaged by bass, and just sealing it from the trunk, think the rear doors(which currently has no speakers) will have a better rear stage than the rear deck.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Yeah, not a big fan of my doors either, though I'm gonna try to do what Scottishbear said, and see if I get better midbass from it.

Curosity, what did you have in your S70 back when you had it audio wise?

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Always liked the option of using the reardeck for an infinite baffle setup with 8' subs, though of course, I like little more cone area

You ever done the Big 3 for the Volvo? Cause I've been planning on doing it, and since you used to own one, thought you may know how to do it.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Actually no I was learning about that when I had it. I know what you mean it was extremely tight on my engine. When I had to change my alt I had to remove all the computer,radiator shroud,hoses,remove the pass side motor mount to loosen the belt. Then had to get special wrench from my mechanic to remove the alt. Took me 5hrs to change a alt! BS! I don't know on your car but that one I really don't think 1/0 would even fit by the alt at all.

That doesn't sound like fun, especially when I plan on getting a H/O alt for my car in the future when plans and funds come together.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

It wasn't fun at all. Didn't mean for so much detail but that's what I went through. But you don't have the 5 cylinder motor do you? One way to know how close it is to my motor is where the alt is located. If it is below the radiator hose about halfway between the top and bottom. Do you do allot of work yourself? If so let me see if my Volvo manual covers your model and I will see how much it cost and I'll just ship it to you. It's honestly not doing me any good but collecting dust. I think mine would have been happier with the big 3 done and a bigger alt.

Archived