I have the 5 cylinder non-turbo, and the alt is located under the power steering fluid container, actually here's a pic

462098_535580033125587_507575065_o.jpg

Engine work, I actually don't do much myself, but I have some friends that are good with engines that can help me out.

The manual would be nice actually

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Oh man- they didn't make that joker with much room did they? Crazy Sweeds! :D

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Yeah, charging system is gonna be fun to when I get to it :/

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Yep that is very close to mine lol. That power steering pump don't have to be taken all the way off. But if it has the same bolts setup it and the alt share 1 or two. I'll check it out tomorrow and see what it will cost to send to you. I'll let you know tomorrow sir. Just to let you know you can loosen the belt without lifting the motor you'll need a special tensioner wrench that Volvo dealers carry. Just about everything is in the way including the computers on the finder on mine anyway lol.

Thank you for letting me know about all this, and if worse comes to worse, I'll pay someone to install the alternator,and I'll do the big 3 myself, though that time isn't going to come soon, but it's always good to plan ahead.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Thanks man, and I'll have to work with what I have, it's not gonna stop me.

Still surprised at the score, seen people run 3x the power with much better equipment do the same score, but I guess every car is different, just seems like mine gets loud easily cause of the high peak, has the crx effect from what I see lol.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Thank you for letting me know about all this, and if worse comes to worse, I'll pay someone to install the alternator,and I'll do the big 3 myself, though that time isn't going to come soon, but it's always good to plan ahead.

That's just what I went through. Just hope it was helpful and not telling you something you knew. If I ever do one again on a Volvo I will take it to someone else lol. I let you know on the manual.

You have more room under your hood than I do, haha.

Looking good so far, and congrats on the score.

What the heck do you drive that has less room?

Thanks man, and I'll have to work with what I have, it's not gonna stop me.

Still surprised at the score, seen people run 3x the power with much better equipment do the same score, but I guess every car is different, just seems like mine gets loud easily cause of the high peak, has the crx effect from what I see lol.

Yeah I hear you on that. Last show I went to people that were running a decent amount more power than you were only throwing up 134's and 138's in the kick. I was sitting there with a "da fuq?" look on my face. No idea if something was wrong or what though.

What the heck do you drive that has less room?

06 MINI Cooper S, Supercharged. Last year they made supercharged before changing to turbo's.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

I will be honest, that score is my outlaw burp score, my outlaw music score is 136.3 at 51hz, and legal is 135 on both burp and music, still surprised though, came to the show hoping to do a 130, and end getting this score, and the guy who metered my car was surprised as well cause of I'm what I'm running.

Mini Coopers must be a pain in the ass to work on, and must be pretty loud in there with 4 12's on 2k in that small air space.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Archived