scooter99 Posted January 14, 2013 Report Posted January 14, 2013 Nice! Love it when goodies find their way home! Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Omega5002 Posted January 14, 2013 Author Report Posted January 14, 2013 Nice! Love it when goodies find their way home! Hopefully my fuse and fuse holder arrives today, that's the only thing I need so far to get the 4 channel in and playing. Also ordered some ofc 4 gauge from Audio-Technix to replace my old Cadence cca 4 gauge I got from an install kit a long while back, cause I read that a crappy power wire can cause voltage drops, which right now isn't as bad now due to upgrading my ground to leftover 0 gauge, and to the frame, but I still see high 11's. The electrical problems give me a headache sometimes, but getting better so far. Also think it's the power wire now cause when I was testing a 0 db 54 hz(peak) tone, it drops to 11.5 then quickly climbs up to 12.1,no change in rpm(reving at 2k), which was weird, like some kind of current delay. 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
scooter99 Posted January 14, 2013 Report Posted January 14, 2013 Well good luck. I still have 66' of that black 4 ga left. have 45' of silver left. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Omega5002 Posted January 22, 2013 Author Report Posted January 22, 2013 So, here's the installation of my 4 channel Amp layout Wiring mock up Stinger with Knu techflexed Amp in running wire was a pain terminal broke off, made direct leads instead this part pissed me off, I couldn't run the wire through cause it was a plug insert So I drilled a hole, tape is temporary till I get proper sealant Rca's in Speaker wire in Wiring layout Amp in(I'll clean the wiring mess over there later) Grounded to the frame Back view So overall, I love the 4 channel, it sounds awesome I have the tweeter and midbass tuned with the DD-1 0db track, may try -5db for the midbass Only issue though is that the Stinger isn't behaving with the knu's, so I get noise issues sometimes, so I ordered some Dayton rca's, only $12 for 25ft, so I got 2 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Omega5002 Posted January 22, 2013 Author Report Posted January 22, 2013 Oh yeah, if you like my build, make sure to vote for me for the January system of the month 2013, I would love a pair of 15's Even have a box design for them, 7 cubes, 10' sonotube tuned to 31hz, 11 per 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
scooter99 Posted January 23, 2013 Report Posted January 23, 2013 Did you make sure that you ran them the right direction? Remember they're directional rcas. There's an arrow about every foot on the Rca's, and I believe the arrow goes away from the head unit. That's the way I had them set up anyway. Just a suggestion. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Omega5002 Posted January 23, 2013 Author Report Posted January 23, 2013 Did you make sure that you ran them the right direction? Remember they're directional rcas. There's an arrow about every foot on the Rca's, and I believe the arrow goes away from the head unit. That's the way I had them set up anyway. Just a suggestion. The rca's are fine themselves, it just won't connect well with the Knu Y splitters for some reason, it's weird. I'll try different Y-splitters as well. Never knew about the directional thing as well Though of course, thank you for the rca's 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
scooter99 Posted January 23, 2013 Report Posted January 23, 2013 Ok. Keep us updated! Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Omega5002 Posted January 23, 2013 Author Report Posted January 23, 2013 Will do man! 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Omega5002 Posted January 25, 2013 Author Report Posted January 25, 2013 Hmm, the ground upgrade did wonders to my windshield lol 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.