Sonic Electronix

Ok ive ask this question on other fourms and im getting pissed by peoples answers so ill ask here.

I have two Alpine mrp-m2000 each hooked up to two Alpine type r's at four ohms (1500rms Amp) i have an alpine cda-123 headunit an optima yellow top a dc 270xp alternator and all monster cable 400 series (Big Three Done Rca's Even The Remote Wire Is Monster) The rca's are split with a y cable.

They are perfectly matched thanks to the DD1 and CC1, Gains Are Half Way Up And The Amps Set To 71hz Bass Boost Turn Off.

My Ground Is Is A Battery Terminal Ran Threw My Sanded Sheet Metal With A Nut On The Out Side Witch Is Holding Down A Zero Gauge Wire That Is Conected To The Frame So I Have Two Points Of Contact For My Ground. My Ohms Are Correct I Check With A Multi Meter.

But my question is why the F*&***#&*RE#*#$*#$ are my amps cutting off they stay lit up but no sound (kicks in and out), my voltage only goes down to 12.5 at worst Norm is 15.0, even when i had only one amp for the four subs (2ohms at the time) i would have this problem when my gain was at 75% now that i have two amps i have each gain at 50%. Could It Be A Power Issue? Should I Get A Crossover Or A Bad Ass 2nd Battery Like The NSB170ft Or Something?

Please Help Im Getting So F&^%(&^^% Pissed Off Ive Never Had This Problem In Any Of My Other Cars, Given They Never Had Over 2000rms In Them. I Don't Know What To Do HELP Please

Wrong or incorrect ohm load out of the amp? Subs wired incorrectly?

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

Almost 3kw on a single Yellow Top sounds like a voltage drop culprit...and as others have stated, if you set it with -15dB, your amp could be running into protect. What coils are your subs, and what load are they wired to? (Just to make sure...IIRC if you're running dual 2's and your amps are IIRC 2 ohm stable, you could be having some issues with impedance)

POTATO!

Archived