Sonic Electronix

dont know if it belongs here but looking for information about 18" setup

hey guys whats up, im pretty new to car audio so i would like a few questions of mine elaborated on and answered by some of you guys who know what your talking about. i just bought my first system months ago, 2 12 kenwoods and a excelon amp, and theyre great. i want to get rid of them though and go with something bigger. so i was thinking getting a 18. a budget one if one of them exists. direct me to one if aby of you guys know please. i was curious size wise, because i drive a 2012 kia rio hatch and space is limited.what would a generic H W L demensions of a single 18" box be? vented. if space is really limited i could go for a sealed. also if i go with a 18 and strap like..800-1200 watts to it how would i have to upgrade my electrical system? my lights dim already and im running on 600 watts. i plan on getting the big 3. should i get a bigger battery? and if you guys have a good sized battery on budget also if you could point it out it would be awesome, i have school and a minimum wage job. or maybe should i get a high output alt?

well first you should tell everyone how much your budget is set at..... and pleeeease dont say something like $150......you gotta pay to play.....an 18 is gunna cost you alot....then the mdf to biuld the box is gunna add to it because its probably gunna hafta be a decent size box.....then a decent amp to actually push that 18 is definitly gunna cost at least a couple hundred...if not more. not to mention electrical upgrades, big 3 done in 0 awg, couple batts, h/o alt, couple runs of 1/0 plus all the small little stuff add up too.....what are your going for? sq or spl?

Edited by 95legwagon

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

i am 99% sure you will not be able to fit a 18 in that car with the proper size box. with that being said i would get a 15" look at the audioque sdc2.5 and hdc3 15s and yes you will want to do the big 3. and if your running less then 1000 rms then you should be fine with stock alt and battery as long as you done the big 3 in quality wire and that your amp is powered by 4 or 0 gauge wire and is grounded properly.

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

you need 6 cubes for ported thats all i know

/\ doesnt that depend on sub used and the the amount of rms he pushing to it? not to mention if he wants sound quality or spl......

Edited by 95legwagon

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

you need 6 cubes for ported thats all i know

/\ doesnt that depend on sub used and the the amount of rms he pushing to it? not to mention if he wants sound quality or spl......

yes there are many variables in the size of the box but an 18 will need a big box eater way.

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

and yeah like i said im just getting into car audio. i know for a fact in the trunk i got probs 36" across and probably around 30 sum inches high. idk about depth though. and i would want to use the 18 for daily use. id want one to be maybe below or above 1k watts running to it, big 3, i got a good ground and i believe 4g wire

oh and do you guys know any budget batts?