fairly new to car audio, 1 18" box help

Oh my... you have 4 different threads of this same thing :throwrock:

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

oh and also what other budget 18 would you suggest because alot of people say audioque i just want to see if theres anything else out there. at maximum id spend 400 on it, i wouldnt like to id much rather settle for 350 but is there any other 1k+ decent 18 for 400 or less?

well there are a handful of good 18 drivers at a $400 price point.

Audioque HDC3 18

SSA Icon 18

SSA Xcom 18

Ascendant Audio Havoc 18

Dc audio LV4 18

Fi BL 18

Incriminator Audio Death Row 18

ect.

ect.

ect.

the list goes on

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

powerhouse do you own aqs? do you have their 18? or a different size or have you heard them in person? id want a set up that wont hurt my wallet too bad, but i want to turn heads from a distance. i have 2 12 300 watt kenwoods but i want to turn some heads they dont do quite the job. will a 18 with 1k blow my current set up right out of the water?

Is your only goal for OTHER people to hear you instead of for YOUR enjoyment?

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

see i looked at dc i really wanted dc, all friends say dc is up there in the subwoofer market. but i dont know if there is a dealer near me and i hear you cant get them online. i hear fi btl 18s are amazing but theyre more 600. i dontk now about the fi bls though. and i was actually looking at the havoc earlier but i dont think it included a price

off that list which would you say would be the best? given the dollar ammounts are close

and socal i guess its both. i mean more towards the me side i mean im new to car audio but my puny kenwoods sound remotely good to me. i havrent heard set ups louder than 3 12s...so of course i would like my sound to be awersome but at the same time id want something that would turn some heads and maybe set off a car alarm or two, if i have the proper set up

powerhouse do you own aqs? do you have their 18? or a different size or have you heard them in person? id want a set up that wont hurt my wallet too bad, but i want to turn heads from a distance. i have 2 12 300 watt kenwoods but i want to turn some heads they dont do quite the job. will a 18 with 1k blow my current set up right out of the water?

Me and many of my friends have AQ i have a HDC315 and soon will be doing a build with two. i have a buddy with the 18 and he loves it. And it will blow your two 12s out of the water as long as every aspect of the build is done right. As long as you have a well build efficient box with a amp that can supply around 1000-1500 rms (more on the 1500+ side) at 1 ohm clean power with the big 3 and good grounds then i think you will be very happy with your build.

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

You can get a fully loaded Fi SSD 18" for under 350. They'll take 1000W RMS also, probably a good power range for a first setup. Your box is going to determine more how your setup sounds than the brand of sub you use. Purely based off of cone area, an 18" in a proper box will sound great and blow your mind. Don't be hell bent on an 18 if you can't feed it the right amount of air. Two 12s or 1 15 that are in proper boxes will also sound amazing.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived