Components to coax

DruLoco

I've got 2 sets of infinity 6030cs in my jetta they get loud but the tweeters are too much (very tinny and piercing) i'm okay with the ones in the front doors however, the tweeters in the back doors are right in my ears. i was thinking about throwing some coaxials in the back doors instead of trying a different set of comps to save me some money but i was wondering how much of a decrease and difference in quality it would be.

would i be better off just sticking with comps or will i be okay throwing some decent coax in the back?

Mk4 jetta 2 point slow

Kenwood KDC-X496

hifonics HFI-1000d

Obsidian 12 in a 2 cube box 34hz

some shitty orion 4 channel

2 pairs of infinty components

I second infinity's being bright; I have infinity coax's all around and even those in my doors are too bright. The newer ones had a-5db in the tweeter, but the ones I have do not. When I get into pharmacy school I'll be treating myself to a pair of focals, because these sound good but I have to EQ down at high frequencies and I'm just not 100% happy with them. Definitely listen to other brands.

RF 12" P3D4

RF 300.1 ~ BC: 430w

4 x Infinity Reference 5012i

B-Quiet Extreme

right, but will i be okay switching to some coax in the rear? i deffinately don't plan on running infinity anymore

Mk4 jetta 2 point slow

Kenwood KDC-X496

hifonics HFI-1000d

Better yet just turn your fader to front only and forget you have rears.

Might take a few days to get used to but once you do you'll never want to have rear speakers again.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

i could but i still want some highs in the back

Mk4 jetta 2 point slow

Kenwood KDC-X496

hifonics HFI-1000d

Better yet just turn your fader to front only and forget you have rears.

Might take a few days to get used to but once you do you'll never want to have rear speakers again.

LOL such a true statement but, one step at a time. Obviously the OP did what most would consider the "ideal" upgrade, with components all around. The more advance would go for the optimal front staging and could do with mediocre rear fill and be happy. The SQ geeks (myself included) would say fuck the rear and lets get some good depth, height and mid-bass impact with a hint of sub filler.

i could but i still want some highs in the back

I seriously suggest just killing the tweeter so you still have rear speakers and give it a listen. I assume you have an amp for the rear components so try adjusting the frequency to where you like them. Also try to really dial in front components. Set it up like a home theater system.

Archived