Sonic Electronix

I've kinda been out of the game for a bit but now I'm back

I been gone from the car audio scene for a while now. Had to deal with a divorce and now that its about to finally come to an end I wanted to do something for me. Instead of spending all this money on lawyers and legal stuff I want to blow some of it on some new gear.

I want to move away from the multiple amp ( 3 or more) setups and do a powerful dual amplifiers system. I'm thinking 1 powerful multi-channel for the mids and highs and a single powerful mono for the subs. I'm about to finally order my second alternator and bracket for the burban and I'll probably replace my yellowtops with some powermasters.

So what I was looking for is what out there that I can run that will match up with what I'm thinking about doing, which by the way I want to continue with my dual 18's setup. I'm thinking of either sticking around with DC, or I may finally try some Fi BTLs and as far as sub amp, something like a DC 9k or 12K. I'm not sure I need to do some research on both of them to see what is what. I may even be willing to do quad 18's on lower end subs like instead of level 5 DCs running 4 of the level 4s. And this was why I posted in here cause I don't know what else is out there amplifier wise I should be looking at doing besides DC. I know that Cresendo is out there and of course the tried and true big names (RF, and Kicker), but are there others out there I should be looking at?

What about batteries? I currently have three in the burban right now and I would like to know if going with something like a 9k how many more would I need in order to get maximum efficient performance out of the amp? Not looking to do any official sound offs or comps, just my own daily ground pounder.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Archived