Second Skin Audio

Help on new subs

I currently have 2 p3 12's running on a T1000bdcp. I think I can get a bit louder but no idea on which direction to go. I have read on the forums that allot of subs in the same price rangeas the p3 put my current subs to shame. I would like some ideas on the direction to go with new subs. Current car is 2000 acura integra gsr hatch

Edited by hertz2beloud

2 DC lvl 4's would sound good on that amp I think. You could go with lvl 5's but they would cost just a tad more that the lvl 4's. DC subs will be in my next build. As Andale said the Fi woofers are also a good option.

**edit**

You could get by with the 12" lvl 3's as they will handle 900RMS. The 12" lvl 2's handle only 600RMS but with a 1000w amp you wouldnt be seeing but maybe 500w per sub. Just depends on the amount of money you might want to spend

-James

Edited by 252chevyboyz

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

2 DC lvl 4's would sound good on that amp I think. You could go with lvl 5's but they would cost just a tad more that the lvl 4's. DC subs will be in my next build. As Andale said the Fi woofers are also a good option.

**edit**

You could get by with the 12" lvl 3's as they will handle 900RMS. The 12" lvl 2's handle only 600RMS but with a 1000w amp you wouldnt be seeing but maybe 500w per sub. Just depends on the amount of money you might want to spend

-James

A single LVL 5 would laugh at that amp, even a XL

A pair of sundown SA series subs would be a good match, and there priced good. whats your budget?

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

I mentioned lvl 5 because my next build is going to be 2 XL or either lvl 5 15's on 2.5k-3k RMS. Maybe a little under powered but I always got room to add a second amp to the subs though. I also didnt know if the OP was upgrading his amp or not. If he is keeping the same amp the lvl 2's would prolly be a good match to the amp but as you mentioned the Sundown SA subs would be a great option too.

@hertz: what is you budget? are you keeping the same amp? do you want to keep running 12's or maybe one 15?

-James

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

forget about subs and amps. tell me about your box because that's the most important part.

the first 3 people to post all say a different subwoofer. and its usually for no other reason than - its the only one they have owned. thats why mods dont actually allow these threads anymore. seriously, lets talk about your box and you can figure out what bandwagon you want to jump on later.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Good catch there Skittles. I didnt even think about asking the OP if they were keeping the same box or not. I just assumed when they got new subs then they would build a new box.

@hertz: are you keeping the same box or building a new box for the subs your upgrading too? Maybe build another box for your current subs to try and get just a little more out of them? What are some of the specs on your current box?

-James

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

• 2 weeks later...

I will be building a new box. As for space I can use the entire hatch if needed. I will be getting another 1000bdcp also. Already have a 220 mechman alt. Using a t400.4 for mid and highs. When buying a sub what exactly should I be looking for? I read sensitivity then xmax then read other info saying neither are vital as they do not mean as much as people think. So with the e3ntire hatch to work with where do i stand in terms of shopping for subs? My budget is around $600 for the subs as i need 400 for the other t1000

Edited by hertz2beloud

ur all set if u have 1 grand to spend, deciding wat subs u want is the real challenge, cant go wrong with brands mentioned above all proven to be badazz

"Damned if i do, damned if i don't..."Sold to: RodeoSport, deeppinkdiver, kevosinn, CortezDTV

Bought from: SlamminBeats, Carboardcat15