Sonic Electronix

I recently installed audio system in my 02 Taurus. I have 2 12" American bass xfl's , Hifonics brutus elite 2000.1d, 2 optima yellow tops, with the big 3 upgrade. Worked fine for a couple weeks. Now when ever I have my system turned up the car seems to start chugging and it only stays around 2000 rpm... When its turned down its seems fine. I have a stock alt. But my lights barley din on full volume. Any ideas anyone?

Hey man sorry to hear your having problems with your system. Will made a good guess and actually made my exact same guess. Only other thing I can think of is the coils on the ignition system might not be able to fire as strong as they should. I'm still really thinking maybe the fuel pump just isn't seeing enough voltage. Is there anyway to get a voltage reading at the front battery and another reading at the back battery while its full tilt?

-James

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

try charging your batteries check your voltage when your system is all the way up

domo.gif

NISSAN SKYLINE GTR R32 (Build in progress)Fosgate POWERhttp://www.stevemead...-fosgate-power/--------------------------------------------------------------------97 Honda AccordRockford Fosgate1400 watts RMS totalhttp://www.stevemead...e-1400watt-rms/---------------------------------------------------------------------

See if you can post up some pics of the voltage on full tilt, just regular idle, and resting voltage. Im really curious as to whats causing this. I'm tuned in til we find a solution. You wont regret upgrading alts I can promise you that. Maybe add a little 20-40 amp hour battery near your amp? that would give a little more reserve. I'll post a link to some small AGM batteries below.

http://www.shurikenonline.com/shuriken_products.html

-James

Edited by 252chevyboyz

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

This is racking my brain as I am struggling for solutions. How are your grounds run? Do you have any of your audio grounds in the same spot as fuel system or engine grounds? If you do maybe try grounding the system to a totally separate ground location. Something has got to be effecting the ignition system or fuel system causing you to loose fuel pressure or maybe causing your fuel pump to have a shortage of voltage. Do you have a local audio shop that you could take the car to and let them see the problem in person or a local mechanic that you show the problem to and maybe get a diagnosis? Your resting voltage and idle voltage sound good. I believe your car came with a 90amp alt? I know you will see a major difference when you get a HO Alt. It has to be not enough voltage getting to the ignition causing the coils not to fire or not enough voltage getting to the fuel pump causing you to have a shortage of fuel. I hope we can figure this out and get you back up and running.

-James

My Selling Feedback

Build Log