need to improve highs

Does your head unit have a low pass filter? Start there if it does.

I have stock door speakers currently with my low pass set at 125hz and the vocals are crystal clear in front of two 15's at 3/4 volume.

stock speakers and they sound crystal clear to you? i think you'd be fine with any of the options you gave yourself. go with the cheapest and easiestto install

Stock out of a 2012 suburu STi, yes.

I still stand by what I said

Neither of the choices you have made will sound better, start with a good set of comps that are capable of taking some power to start with and add a second set if they aren't quite able to keep up with your sub system.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

whats the difference between a horn and super tweet

Both of them are horns, or horn loaded. You can see from the below pictures a horn loaded supertweet, and a couple horns. The third pic is the ID horns I use in my car.The horn is just a guide/ waveguide that controls the direction of the speakers output. A larger horn that is deeper will play much lower than a supertweet but there is a trade off as you lose some high freq. output. The upside of this is that most horns are ridiculous when it comes to efficiency. Most are over 100db 1W/1M....So any loss of high freq output can be offset by that efficiency and It can be eq'd up if necessary.

264-348_s.jpg

280-050_s.jpg

gfyu016.jpg

Hope this helps. They are fun to play with but like any driver they come with their own design challenges. :P

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle