Amp Cutting in an out

rcas are good, the kenwood has both channels.

i just took a ride around, 30 minutes and a sound violation later...:

i think the vlotage is dropping to low for the amp to operate. i ran it for about 6 minutes [late night tip all the way through almost twice] with it @ 30 on the dash [out of 35] and it cut out, so i pulled over and popped the trunk, the amp is cold...i mean COLD[its about 35 degrees out] and the magnets and basket of both subs were cold. i double check all my connections, move my secondary ground to the same place as my main, and it comes back on[the subs are blowing cold air, so i dont think overheating is a problem] it runs for a whopping 10 or so seconds before the entire thing dies. HU and everything reset, come back on and reset again. now seeing as i have had this problem before with the RF when i had both channels i decide to hit the highway and keep the RPMs up so i can get better voltage. im doing about 50 on the highway [automatic, so i have 2nd selected on the tree] it last for a bit longer, late night tip, and 2 bass tracks later it dies again, i pull over and hop out, same thing, it sits idling for a little bit, and comes back on, i had theHU @ 27 and it ran for about a minute and the amp shut off, and came back after about 30 seconds.

SO

i believe we can eliminate overheating and the amp going into protect, because ive had the amp do both... well my buddies 9102D do both. and it stays on, just the output is off. mine is shuttiong off completly, the power indicator goes out.

and there are no loose connections i pulled and tugged on all the wires while it was up and running and it never shut off while i was messing with them.

so im thinking that the voltage is dropping to low for it to operate, i know it is @ full blast @ idle, because the entire system dies. but when i had the RF in there @ full blast w/ both channels it wouldnt shut just the amp off, it would run til the entire system died.

THEREFORE:

i think that the kenwood is more touchy about its voltages, and doesnt like the voltage drops... thus i need a bigger alt and battery...

any other ideas?

P.S. the sound violation was @ 11:03, the sound curfews go into effect @ 11, i didnt realize what time it was, and i had the HU @ 25 and was messing with wires when the cop rolled by... so yea... im prolly fighting this one 2, ive gotten 5 of the other 7 dropped, so im getting good @ it.

2005 Grand PrixSource: StockFronts: Stock 6.5 ComponentsRears: Stock 6x9Subwoofer: FI BTL 12" Fully optionedSubwoofer amplifier: Kenwood KAC-7203 bridged @ 4ΩEnclosure: 3.41cuft tuned to 33hz

i ran a 8ga wire from the bat to the remoter turn on to make sure i had good power to it, and it still dropped. i didnt have enough light to read my DMM to get the actual voltage. but i will post it up tomorrow.

more ideas? i want to try everything before i resort to a new alt, im trying to afford a XXX 12" so... id like to avoi teh alt this month.

2005 Grand PrixSource: StockFronts: Stock 6.5 ComponentsRears: Stock 6x9Subwoofer: FI BTL 12" Fully optionedSubwoofer amplifier: Kenwood KAC-7203 bridged @ 4ΩEnclosure: 3.41cuft tuned to 33hz