dhall9 Posted November 2, 2012 Author Report Posted November 2, 2012 So with the days getting shorter and not leaving my second job until 9:00 or so, I've found self driving almost exclusive in the dark during the week. Which translates to the headlights being on. Well, the electrical system in the SS is barely enough to support the stock vehicle. Throw on top of that electric fans and a stereo system, you get dimming head lights. So I decided to upgrade the battery and see how much that would help, before getting an HO alternator. To my surprise, just switching to a high quality battery solved 99% of my dimming issues. Enough words, let the pictures begin... Oh Yeah, D3400 with 551 side post adapters. Old Battery Numbers New Battery Numbers Comparison Installed (before battery cover was put back on) The D3400 fit like a glove. I had to "modify/clearance" the opening for the side post terminals on the battery cover, but you can't even tell there is a bad ass battery under the hood. Just the way I like things.
jmsonoma03 Posted November 6, 2012 Report Posted November 6, 2012 was it hard to change the dash lights? do you have a parts list? thanks
Rev. Wrath Posted November 6, 2012 Report Posted November 6, 2012 Crazy clean work!!! It's always good to see more people from OK on here.
dhall9 Posted November 6, 2012 Author Report Posted November 6, 2012 was it hard to change the dash lights? do you have a parts list? thanks The dash wasn't hard. The damn wiper switch was the pain in the ass. Don't really have a parts list. Just straw hat LEDs and the resistors to go with them. off of ebay. The cluster takes patience. I had to take it in and out numerous times to position the LEDs where they wouldn't have bright spots and light up the needles. Crazy clean work!!! It's always good to see more people from OK on here. Thanks, it's appreciated.
CrazyCricket12 Posted March 17, 2013 Report Posted March 17, 2013 I love the attention to detail and how clean it looks!
dhall9 Posted March 17, 2013 Author Report Posted March 17, 2013 I love the attention to detail and how clean it looks! Thanks
smullen Posted March 18, 2013 Report Posted March 18, 2013 Nice job man!!! Love seeing Trail Blazer installs... NRA - Patron Lifetime Member '"the right of the people to keep andand bear arms shall not be infringed"
dhall9 Posted April 14, 2013 Author Report Posted April 14, 2013 Beatless. Thought I was trading the SS in today so ripped out the system, dealer didn't want to come to an agreement, and now still have the SS. I think it was a sign I'm so post to keep it. But now I'm Beatless and have a fresh canvas. Oh the thoughts running through my head....
dhall9 Posted April 15, 2013 Author Report Posted April 15, 2013 Second phase has been put into motion. Got an additional p200-2, p165-s, q logic kick panels, and misc stuff ordered today. I'm sure the "boss" will be pissed when that stuff gets here.
boom50cal Posted April 15, 2013 Report Posted April 15, 2013 I think I've seen this TBSS before... You ever down in the Stephens county area? Slick build, nice and clean. I can definitely tell that your a little further up in age than most of the members here, in a good way. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.