Kade Posted April 15, 2013 Report Posted April 15, 2013 What was the thin wood you used to replace the factory mounts for the speakers? 2009 Dodge Caliber SXT (Silver) Deck: Pioneer X3600BHS Amps: RF P1000X5 Front: RF P16-S Rear: RF P1694 Subs: 1 RF P3D2-10 Cabling: Stinger 6 channel RCA, RF 4gauge kit, SkyHighCarAudio 16gauge speaker wire. Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188246-caliber-build Professional Networking: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kade-mallett-332b8a104
dhall9 Posted April 15, 2013 Author Report Posted April 15, 2013 It's called hard board. Find it in any hardware/lumber store. http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/202046928?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=hard+board&storeId=10051&N=5yc1v&R=202046928#.UWx2YkqyLw0
dhall9 Posted April 20, 2013 Author Report Posted April 20, 2013 Got the sound deadening started last night. Here is what I started withCouple hours and 20 square feet of damplifer later. My goal this weekend is to get the rear floor and inner panels all sound deadened. I have to finish the damplifer install and then I have some luxury liner pro to put over it. have to work today, so we'll see how far I get.
dhall9 Posted April 20, 2013 Author Report Posted April 20, 2013 Just ordered some second skin spectrum, spray gun, and overkill to do inside the rear quarters. There is no way to roll in damplifier and get the coverage I'm wanting. So going to spray those with spectrum, and then use the overkill to replace the cheap factory insulation on the trim panels.
dhall9 Posted April 21, 2013 Author Report Posted April 21, 2013 Got the entire floor from the rear seats back covered in damplifier and luxury liner pro this afternoon. Spent the rest of the evening putting the 1/0 back in and hooking the big 3 back up. Tomorrow I have to get the rear seats back in and everything put back together. Random thoughts: Damplifier is some bad ass stuff. I didn't even get the pro. Just the regular stuff is a beast to work with, I couldn't imagine the pro. I found that tin snipes is the beast way to cut it. this stuff will also cut up your fingers before you know it. Luxury Liner Pro is some thick heavy stuff. I think it's perfect for the floor. I think it's a little to heavy for anything else. I ordered some regular overkill to handle my vertical surfaces. I don't expect to notice a big difference right now since I've only done the rear cargo area. I think I'll really notice a difference when I get the rest of the floor done and get the doors done. But I'm making progress. This only have 4 full range speakers running off the head unit is driving me nuts. Can't wait to have it all back together.
Twostrokeking Posted April 21, 2013 Report Posted April 21, 2013 Keep it up My Truck BuildSpending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio
dhall9 Posted April 21, 2013 Author Report Posted April 21, 2013 Keep it up I'm trying...It's hard to make a lot a progress in one shot these days. When I was younger (translate no wife and kids) I would of stripped the whole interior and done the entire inside at once and not slept the whole weekend to get it back in together and driveable by sunday night. Now days I get friday evenings and part of saturday. Then sunday is spent getting ready for the upcoming week.
newls1 Posted April 21, 2013 Report Posted April 21, 2013 Outstanding install here... I love work completed by someone who takes their time and does it right you dont need a $10,000 stereo install to enjoy the outcome, if that makes any sense! Love it... Ty for showing us I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
dhall9 Posted April 21, 2013 Author Report Posted April 21, 2013 Outstanding install here... I love work completed by someone who takes their time and does it right you dont need a $10,000 stereo install to enjoy the outcome, if that makes any sense! Love it... Ty for showing us Wish my wife understood it wasn't a $10,000 install. She thinks I'm spending way more than I am, which granted I'm probably spending more than planned. But it's not nearly what it could be. But you make perfectly good sense. I'm not trying to build some over the top system. I'm just after a good solid, clean sounding system. I'm in my SS a good hour+ everyday commuting, and I like to enjoy and FEEL the music I'm listening too.
dhall9 Posted April 21, 2013 Author Report Posted April 21, 2013 My pile of stuff that needs put back in... Going to be a couple weeks I think. Next weekend I'm planning on spraying spectrum in rear quarters and then applying overkill to deaden that space. Then the following weekend I start running wire again. I think the 2nd P200-2 (amp #4) is going under the passenger seat. Which the timing is fine, because my kick panels won't be in for a couple weeks anyways.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.