epicenter or bigger amp for db's?

ok my two 18" btl's are walled in my ext. cab on a single Alpine mrp-2000. The subs are getting roughly 1100 a piece.. For a noticeable, but yet inexpensive gain would it be better to try the epicenter or sell amp and get a new one or get a second Alpine and run each at 4 ohm (~1500 @ 4ohm). dual 2 subs btw..

I've wondered the same thing cause some people with huge systems say they don't need epicenters to play country & spanish loud but I'm only running probably 400-450w rms on 1 12" so after forever of contemplating it, i bought a cache bass restorer (same concept as an epicenter) off of here & hopefully this weekend I'll figure out if i need to save up for a bigger amp or not (hopefully not though.

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading

with 2 18s your not going to get a cheep noticible diff! my recomendation would be get rid of that alpine and get a bigger amp like a dc or sundown more power for your $. but before you do more power make sure you are set up to run it, wire size, big 3, extra batts, alt ect... is your truck matted? that would help also

2 BTL's and youre only giving them 1k each.. they are probably screaming for more power. I tend to stay away from things like the Epicenter, Bass Mechanik etc... In my opinion, not worth the potential hassle they could be. I dont like things that can possibly add distortion or that alter the music as it is coming from the source. Seems to me like its an easy thing to get over excited with and cook some gear. You would benefit most from adding a lot more power to those subs.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

2 BTL's and youre only giving them 1k each.. they are probably screaming for more power. I tend to stay away from things like the Epicenter, Bass Mechanik etc... In my opinion, not worth the potential hassle they could be. I dont like things that can possibly add distortion or that alter the music as it is coming from the source. Seems to me like its an easy thing to get over excited with and cook some gear. You would benefit most from adding a lot more power to those subs.

What he said.