quote name="Twostrokeking" post="2400207" timestamp="1364108226"]That looks so clean. Good work

Thanks Dude!

How's the truck after the open heart surgery?

Looks like you got some snow too. Makes it hard to do some progress when its 10 degrees out and a foot of snow on the ride....

It runs great! Yeah we got about 8 inches but its all melted now haha. I get paid Friday and then maybe ill do a few things! Love your car and build

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

True. I think you're on the right track. If the velcro at work is too strong, I'd say just go with the magnets. Do a test to see if they'll hold before you do anything permanent. If they hold great! if not then option b (whatever that is).

What about an allen head screw to hold the panel in place, or see if you can find one that has the grooves in it that you can turn by finger. Something nice so it doesn't just look like a screw in a panel. An allen head screw would give a nice look and serve a good purpose. After all, like you said, how often are you going to actually be in there?

Keep it up man! I like where you're going! :popcorn:

Great work,.. as per Wicks...

Thanks! Diggin' the new Sig Banner!

Very clean install!! I love every bit of it. I jst wish I could afford something around a 5k amp. Great quality equipment, would love to hear this in person, a little far away lol.

Thanks Dude! Yeah it took me a while to be able to roll something like the 5K. Too bad I can't stuff in a little more cone area and really put that thing to work.

Hmmm, I'd kinda like to hear it myself.... LOL Stupid weather delays.

quote name="Twostrokeking" post="2400207" timestamp="1364108226"]That looks so clean. Good work

Thanks Dude!

How's the truck after the open heart surgery?

Looks like you got some snow too. Makes it hard to do some progress when its 10 degrees out and a foot of snow on the ride....

It runs great! Yeah we got about 8 inches but its all melted now haha. I get paid Friday and then maybe ill do a few things! Love your car and build

Cool, can't wait to see some updates. Thanks.

I hear ya on the snow. Denver weather the last month or so has been 60's during the week and 20's and snow on the weekends...WTF

Mother Nature has quite the sense of humor.

True. I think you're on the right track. If the velcro at work is too strong, I'd say just go with the magnets. Do a test to see if they'll hold before you do anything permanent. If they hold great! if not then option b (whatever that is).

What about an allen head screw to hold the panel in place, or see if you can find one that has the grooves in it that you can turn by finger. Something nice so it doesn't just look like a screw in a panel. An allen head screw would give a nice look and serve a good purpose. After all, like you said, how often are you going to actually be in there?

Keep it up man! I like where you're going! :popcorn:

Thanks Sir!

I thought about a clean Allen head bolt. That'd be simple and secure but then I'd need another hex wrench handy to tilt the amp.

I have about a dozen of those damn wrenches floating around. To truly be finger accessible I'd probably have to resort to a wing-nut or something.

Hmmm "option b" huh..? Now ya got me thinking...

I do happen to have an idea floating in back of my head.

:ninja:

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Thanks Sir!

I thought about a clean Allen head bolt. That'd be simple and secure but then I'd need another hex wrench handy to tilt the amp.

I have about a dozen of those damn wrenches floating around. To truly be finger accessible I'd probably have to resort to a wing-nut or something.

Throw it at me, let's get it worked out! You could just get a nice allen wrench folding set and throw it in there somewhere too. Then you have them all on one thing, or swap over to one or two sizes and carry one or two allen wrenches. But hit me up if you need another head to talk about option B.

Thanks Sir!

Throw it at me, let's get it worked out! You could just get a nice allen wrench folding set and throw it in there somewhere too. Then you have them all on one thing, or swap over to one or two sizes and carry one or two allen wrenches. But hit me up if you need another head to talk about option B.

Made a couple of purchases from eBay last night.

Option B is in full effect. No screws, bolts or tools will be required.......!

:D

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

That's exactly how it is here haha. Nice all week and then shitty on the weekend. We really aren't that far apart man. I'm in Utah

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

I just went through every page of this build.. crazy!! i love it! nice work man! i wish i could do something like this.. i really like the plexiglass and mirror idea.. i was thinking about the same thing.. but theres a shit load of potholes here in NY and im not sure if a mirror would break or how the plexiglass would hold up.. any advice on this? is it a special kind of mirror and plexiglass?

2008 BMW 550i M Sport

Build coming soon!

2000 Volvo s40 1.9T
Pioneer DVD navigation head unit
O2 audio performance mid range speakers
2 Crescendo PWX-6 Pro Mid Range Speakers
2 Crescendo PWX-8 Pro Mid Range Speakers
4 Selenium ST200 Super Tweeters
Hifonics ZRX2000.4 Amplifier
2- 12 inch DC Audio Level 4 m2
Hifonics Brutus BXI-1610D Amplifier

2 KinetiK HC1400R- Secondary Batteries
Kinetik HC600- Secondary Battery
Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge big 3 upgrade

That's exactly how it is here haha. Nice all week and then shitty on the weekend. We really aren't that far apart man. I'm in Utah

Ahh right next door, yup I bet we share a bit of the same weather.

I've been monitoring the weather this weekend and its all over the place. One day its sunny and 60, the next rainy/snowy and 40, then 60 again............

Come on Mother Nature...I got shit to do!

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

Archived