Second Skin Audio

PSI Recones??

i have heared them i used to have an ascendant audio havoc 15 and honestly it didnt sound that much different to me yeah it had a little bit cleaner lows and was like 2 db louder but to my ear it didnt really sound that much different. and i have heard Fi BTL N2's my friend has 2 of them on a rockford fosgate BD 2500 and honestly my two cvx's on my kicker zx 2500 hits just about as loud. and i dont think kicker is godly i just dont seen any point in spending 3 or 400 dollers per sub on new ones when it would only take 150 each for me to get it upgraded to what i want

sounds like your friend has SHIT electrical and a booty ass box

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

and thats exxactly why i would get a different spider installed along with the recones and direct leads and dual sewn on tinsle leads i think those upgrades would be enough to handle power like a Fi or dd does and cost a fraction of the price.. ill make sure if i get the upgrades done to post a video for all to see so that you can see if it was worth the money at the end of it

Head Unit -- Alpine CDA-9887

Mids and highs -- 2 Crescendo PWX-8's

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

4 Crescendo FT-1 Super tweeters

Mids and Highs amps -- 2 Alpine V12 MRV-F545

Subs -- TBD

Sub amp -- Crescendo Bass Cleff BC2000.

Sub Box -- Ported box 9 cubic foot tuned to 37hz for 2 15 with 140 inch port area

Processor - Alpine imprint

put 1 of those btls on a true 2500 watts and then put one of your on a TRUE 2500 and u tell me the difference

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

479-418-3056

im not trying to sould like a dick but how are kicker CVX 15's a 100 dollar sub i mean that may be how much it is worth to you but what makes them such garbage. honestly what makes a FI SSD or a DD 3500 so much better than a CVX. i just dont under stand why you think they are such garbage. and i know a recone is going to change the sound a little but for the better i think. and if i started out with 2 subs and want to upgrade them im still farther ahead in money than i would be to have to get two or 4 new 15s.

Pull the panties out there buddy. I've installed kicker all over the place, I don't care what anyone tells me. I don't like kicker subs. Haven't found one I honestly liked. How many subs have you owned? Installed? Played around with and tested? Ibe said it before: your build, your money, your choice. You don't have to defend it to me, I'm offering my opinion.

And like stated, buy an FI/AA sub and tell me you can't see or hear the difference. I'm going to assume you have yet to test out these brands you named, so your opinion is biased and truly untested. I've owned both :good:

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

and thats exxactly why i would get a different spider installed along with the recones and direct leads and dual sewn on tinsle leads i think those upgrades would be enough to handle power like a Fi or dd does and cost a fraction of the price.. ill make sure if i get the upgrades done to post a video for all to see so that you can see if it was worth the money at the end of it

so a different coil and a suspention more like a fi or dd. wouldnt that speaker react more like a fi or dd then? so wouldnt that sound more like a fi or dd? but it would have less motor strength to overcome the suspention right? there for it would be quieter than it is now

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

479-418-3056

LOL. I will take your challenge. You know what, put money down. Go ahead, stop trying to defend your choice and just get it done. PSI is not on this site so check him out, get it done, and then come back. I am literally laughing that you think your fraction of the cost upgrade is going to take power like FI/AA or DD.

you have to look at the type of coil, such as overhung or underhung. you need to look at motor design, cooling, spider stiffness and # of spiders surround, moving mass, so there are alot more varibles that affect a sub then you think, hell i probobly didnt even list half of them

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

personally i have owned alpine type r's

kicker cvr and cvx

polk sr series

ascendant audio chaos and havoc

and diamond audio d3 and d6

and honestly so far i think the d6's have been the best i have owned at least in my opinion

Head Unit -- Alpine CDA-9887

Mids and highs -- 2 Crescendo PWX-8's

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

4 Crescendo FT-1 Super tweeters

Mids and Highs amps -- 2 Alpine V12 MRV-F545

Subs -- TBD

Sub amp -- Crescendo Bass Cleff BC2000.

Sub Box -- Ported box 9 cubic foot tuned to 37hz for 2 15 with 140 inch port area

Processor - Alpine imprint

have you seen the new havoc and chaos series. u might like them http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141754-ninja-pix-of-aa-new-subs/

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

479-418-3056

I'm done. Will not respond to any more simplicity until true power handling from a reconed cvx is shown.

Archived