I assume this goes under sports...

Does anyone do long distance rides or anything of that nature? I am looking into getting a road bike and i was wondering what other people ride on here if they do? I only have BMX experience from when i was a kid so its going to be a whole new ball park for me.

Yup!

I race my mountain bike, but train primarily on my road bike, and do a few races here and there

My mtn bike is a custom eriksen frame, and built up by myself with sram xx and a few other goodies.

My road bike is just a no-name frame built up with just various parts, but with a shimano ultegra grouppo.

What are you looking to spend? Buing used is ALWAYS the way to go and i'm sure i could point you in the right direction if you wanted me to and gave me a budget.

How long of rides are you looking to go on?

Here are my babies:

DSC_0746.jpg

And I see your avatar - nice bike aswell, here's my 83' yamaha maxim 750

DSC00048.jpg

Heres a pic from last season:

320573_285524371467280_132299526789766_1120861_1000552976_n.jpg

Edited by Mtnbikecrazy55

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

Yeah i'm just getting into the world of road bikes my self. (coming from bmx) and unless you fell comfortably about tuning gears and breaks and all that i would say to go to a local shop and see what they have as far as a budget road bike. because most shops offer life time tuning and adjustments. just something to think about that i am also thinking about.. lol

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

I dont know anything about tuning gears or breaks. But I'm looking to get a better bike and learn how to do it rather then buying a new (over priced) budge bike at a shop.

I dont know anything about tuning gears or breaks. But I'm looking to get a better bike and learn how to do it rather then buying a new (over priced) budge bike at a shop.

true. those just scare me lolol. with a break less bmx bike there is not much to tune :)

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

Here is my other option as of now, they are asking for $700 but im sure i could get it for a little cheaper. its a 2007 Cervelo 51" frame(looks like a dual tri bike)

5Nf5Ef5Fd3L73I83M4c4s71b38767b71917da.jpg

yeah, avoid the bike shops, buying used is always financially better. then you can establish a relationship with them. every bike mechanic will work for beer, and its just like anything else, you'll figure it out once you start tinkering with it.

whats the specs on that bike? the components are deff older, do you have up close pics of the cassette, chain, and chainrings? check the freehub body for play, and check the braking surface to see how much more life is in the wheels.

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback