Second Skin Audio

need help making a box for 8 12s

yeah how could i seal it like with tape or what ?

:shok:

Don't make fun of somebody because they don't know better, I'm sure there was a time where you didn't know everything as well.

If its not broke, don't fix it OP.

Optima Redtop Under Hood

Vmax CT800 Outback

Big6?(lol) 0/1 KnuKoncepts

2x 15" RF T1's in 7.7cuft @32hz

Audiopipe aqx3500.1d

Pioneer DEH-5000UB

Don't make fun of somebody because they don't know better, I'm sure there was a time where you didn't know everything as well.

just cause it's not "broke" doesn't mean it's good.

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

but it IS broken. the box was designed like shit and i feel bad for the OP for wasting money on that horrible piece of shit. he got jipped.

but yeah OP i'd try sealing it first like irpirate said. its just a piece of mdf screwed over the port.

yeah thanks guys well i never made a box for 8 so i didnt know what to expect he already said he was sorry so but its done and over with im not mad i mean it sounds good but i mean thats alot of power but im not sure what to build now im kinda lost now i spent 200 bucks on materials alone and now i have to rip it all out and redo it all over again if it was 50 bucks in materials i wouldnt care as much but damn you know.

message a guy on here called 412cvx. he posted earlier in the thread. he's one of the better box designers on here. worse comes to worse, you'll have to either raise the box higher or fold the back seats down/take them out. cause 8 subs is virtually impossible to fit in just the cargo space.

just curious. you have 3400rms worth of subs. what kind of amp are you running to them?

Edited by Kranny

Do what irpirate said. Cap the port on both ends and run sealed. You're about 4-6 cubic feet short of having the right volume for a ported box. And that's not even touching proper port area and port length.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.