Sundown Audio

Will atomic 5000.1 run in .5ohms? & run 2 DD3518's

Polar-bass

Hi I've got the atomic 5000.1 that delivers 5kw in 1ohm. I suppose there are two versions of this, the other delivers the same at .5ohms. Now I wanna get two DD3518's, which are DVC and run them on this amp. My question is: should I load them as 2ohms on it, and only get 2,5kw rms OR try .5ohms with it? Or does anyone think it's a shitty idea to combine these subs with my amp in the first place?

please help 'cause I need to act quickly to secure these two supposedly great woofers!

Why wouldn't you just get d1's and wire it to 1 ohm.

I'm sorry, what du you mean by D1 ? I'm bying them used btw, you do not what to know what a pair of DD's cost in Norway... I'd have to sell my girlfriend my girlfriend AND my grandparents!

What ohm load are the subs that you're buying. If they're dual 1 ohm subs, then wire the amp to 1 ohm. If they're dual 2 ohm subs, wire it to 2 ohms. Do NOT wire it to .5 ohms.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

They are 2x2 ohms, which is standard for those subs. Allright, so you wouldnt risk .5 on the atomic?

But.... This leaves the question: is 2500w rms enough to power these two woofers in a daily driver??

Thanx for the answers. Obviously stable in 1ohm doesnt mean .5 - just thought I'd ask to see if anyone had tried it on lower impedances!

Archived