Second Skin Audio

Thinking of going 4th order

So I am going to be getting a 15" IVX and i was thinking about putting it in a 4th order box. Anyone know if these go well with 4th orders? Also I did try to search up about 4th orders but for some reason no matter which way I tried to search for info on 4th orders, I couldn't get good results. Can people get me general tips and guidelines to follow when building 4th orders. whats the ratio for sealed to ported? ideal tunings? what to base tunings off of?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I posted in their subforum asking if they can work with them. I just read in another topic that a possible rule of thumb is subs with a T/S parameter QTS is over .4 they will be good for them, and this has .46 and has a fs of 24.5hz so it definitely can get low. I have yet to purchase it, I will have a $90 paycheck next week, so I will be buying it quite soon. I was looking for this topic to just get some general tips on when designing 4th orders.

Edited by RooTxBeeR

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Well yeah thats the first thing i did also was to check to see if the sub will work.

I used this formula from somewhere i forget. (EBP= 1/qes * FS). And with that number it says 100 or more is ported or 6th order. 50 or less is sealed or 4th order and between 50-100 is any but im guessing they wont work as well but still work. The problem im having probably like you is getting the correct chamber size and port size. I tried using the software online but I cant figure it out, so im going to bug the manufacturer till they give me chamber sizes.

Main thing I jsut want to know is about the ratio, if its 1:2 does that mean the 1 is the normal rated for sealed and the 2 is just 2 x that size, or 2 size the size of what rec ported is for the sub. I did that formula you said and I got a 12.546 or sealed or 4th, looks like it will work by 2 things I have seen so far.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Main thing I jsut want to know is about the ratio, if its 1:2 does that mean the 1 is the normal rated for sealed and the 2 is just 2 x that size, or 2 size the size of what rec ported is for the sub. I did that formula you said and I got a 12.546 or sealed or 4th, looks like it will work by 2 things I have seen so far.

Yeah i got that info from this site, alot of interesting stuff, but not much in the way of calculating the enclosure. http://www.decibelcar.com/menudiy/61.html

Hows this looking?

4thorder.png

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Thanks, I ended up coming across that somehow last night, that topic did help a lot!!

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

2:1 isnt the magical number in bandpasses. and if this is your first one, i seriously think you should have a good designer draw one up for you

edit: but if you want to learn and understand them, then by all means go for it :D

Edited by Kranny